•|5|•

Lauren Monique

It's been days and Elijah keeps bringing up the photo and Darius. We both know it was a one-time thing with taking a picture like that but yet he still can't seem to let it go. He makes it seem like I did more than pose with the guy.

And about the money, although it's a large amount to give to someone you don't know it's not unusual for a guy to try to impress a female by doing something off the wall like that.

Sometimes I feel like Elijah doubts my ability to detect bullshit when I see it, I'm not impressed by Darius nor am I entertaining him. I may be retired but at the end of the day I'm still a highly skilled assassin, I can see what's going on.

Everything doesn't need a reaction so I don't give on.

"Elijah I'm dead-ass right now, leave me alone"

"Why is it so hard for you to discuss it?" grabbing my arm he stared me down blocking the door

"There isn't shit to discuss, at the end of the day I'm a photographer. It's in my job to make sure my clients are happy with the outcome of the pictures. You're making it a big when it shouldn't be, it's been what? A week get over it"

"If it was me—"

"I wouldn't get a damn, I matured enough to not be bothered by it. I'm too old to be pressed about little shit. You have a lawsuit against you, worry about that and not about my business" snatching my arm out of his hold I went around him and made my way downstairs.

"Mama you leaving?" Milan asks rubbing her eyes clinging onto my leg as I went down the stairs.

"Yeah"

"I wanna go"

"Mimi you don't have any pants on, I'll be back in an hour or two. We can go out together in the morning"

"Promise?" yawning she looked up tiredly making eye contact

"I promise, go back to bed and don't wake up your brother"

Milan nods climbing up the stairs calling for Elijah turning the corner.

Shaking my head I got my keys and apple juice, opening the door I shrove at how cold it felt.

"Mama wait!" Delilah shouts sliding down the stairs in a princess nightgown with Jordan's on and a purple bonnet on her head. "I want to go"

Well she is clothed and has shoes on

"Come on and stop yelling before Squirt wakes up" grabbing our jackets from the coat rack I put on mines then helped her put hers on.

When we got in the truck and situated I sent Elijah a text letting him I took Delilah, the last thing I need is him panicking thinking she's missing. That man would tear up the whole neighborhood looking for her.

"Where we going?" Delilah questions

"To see Montana and Ace, we'll stop by Pops house on the way back he made pudding again"

"Yay! I like Pop Pop's pudding!" cheering she kicked the back of my seat dancing. "can you play I like dark skins, love her melanin. Huh Christian Louboutin what I'm steppin' in"

"Do you ever get tired of listening to Pop smoke?"

"Nope!"

***

Circling the building for the third time, I pulled over into an empty spot.

"Mama where we at?" yawning Delilah unbuckled herself climbing in front. "this isn't home"