•|4|•

Lauren Monique

"What happened to trust me? Those couple therapy sessions were for nothing. I thought we fixed our issues and moved on"

"I do trust you and we did, I don't trust the people who come into your life. This is about your safety, not jealousy or my insecurities" drilling the camera into the wall he angled it to the front door.

"It's not necessary, I'm more than capable of defending myself and I don't need you doubting that" I mutter watching him drill another camera in across the studio

"Babe it's not like that, I know what your capable of but I seek comfort in knowing you are safe here when I'm not around. I want to see for myself without having to come from across town. Who's to say something could happen to you and Amir is here. With the cameras, I can see what happened"

"You have Sam and a few other guards roaming around in front of the studio every time I'm here, they'll tell you if something sketchy happens. Don't you think I'm being watched enough?"

"No" shaking his head he used his phone to move the side of the camera to side, seeming satisfied with it he got off the latter putting it away.

"Are you going with Papa today?" I ask Squirt wiping crumbs from his mouth, nodding he looked away playing with his fingers. "you can stay if you want to, don't be sad"

"Haircut" he mutters rubbing his head

"Elijah you didn't tell me he's getting a haircut"

"It wasn't planned, it's news to me as well" coming up behind me Elijah wrapped his arms around my torso pressing a kiss to my shoulder. "I'll bring him back when he starts getting anxious, I love you"

"If you love me for real you'll take the cameras down" shrugging him off I continued sending emails out to the clients I had over the past three days.

The bells went off as the door opened Darius and another male came in. Elijah stiffened beside me as a cold expression rolled onto his face.

"I guess I love you for fake, it's staying up" he mumbles taking Squirt into his arms, grabbing his things.

"Have some faith in me" groaning I stood up kissing my babies goodbye. "be good for Papa and try not to spill your juice in his truck again"

"Okay, Mama" waving he laid his head on Elijah's shoulder as he left the building.

I miss my baby already

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you back" nodding towards Darius I glanced at the door seeing one of the guards come in, taking a seat in the lobby picking up a magazine.

Seriously Elijah? Isn't it enough that you installed cameras you need your men in my studio too?

"I tried paying online but it wouldn't go through, I just wanted to make sure you got the money" pulling out a stack he sat it on the counter

"The pictures are only one twenty-five" raising an eyebrow I flipped through the bills unimpressed. "this is thirteen thousand dollars, Darius"

His friend laughed nudging him before watching away to look at the picture I had hanging around the studio, Zack the guard looked up staring holes into the back of his head while he did so.

"It's chump change, keep it" shrugging he leaned against the desk, tapping his fingertips against it. "are they pictures done? I'd like to see them"

Taking the money I tossed it into my bottom drawer nodding, turning the computer screen towards him.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind that I hung up one of the pictures in the lobby and uploaded it to my website"

"It's cool" tapping through the pictures he stopped at the last one we took. "this shit bomb as hell"