Chapter 1

A.N: Hello everyone, here's my new Spencer Reid x Reader story! I hope you will like it, please don't forget to comment! 

If it were another time, you could've at least attempted to convince yourself how everyone had problematic childhoods. Focusing on something else usually worked, per the advices of countless psychiatrists your mother had forced you to go after the-

Incident.

Just the thought of it was more than enough to make your blood freeze in your veins, but you were soon snapped out of your thoughts when your phone started ringing. You checked the caller I.D, and heaved a sigh before you touched the screen.

"Hello?"

"Please tell me you're not going there." Your mother's voice filled the car and you pressed your lips together.

"Hi mom."

"Every time you go there and visit that man in that wretched prison cell of his, he manages to get into your head!"

"That's not what's going to happen," you said, keeping your eyes on the road, "You have no reason to worry."

"I have every reason to worry!" she snapped, "We promised that we wouldn't let him worm his way into our lives."

"Yeah well, FBI begs to differ," you forced yourself to say, "You've seen the news—"

"I don't want to hear this," she cut you off, then heaved a sigh, "It's terrible enough to hear it once, let alone twice."

You never really had the luxury of ignoring all the terrible things on the news, especially after what had happened. Ever since you were a child, the nightmares wouldn't leave you alone, and you weren't as good as your mother at ignoring what was happening while you were awake.

"You could've said no."

"I really couldn't," you mumbled and she clicked her tongue.

"Well then," she said, trying to pull herself together, "I expect to see you at brunch, even your sister is coming. It won't take long, will it?"

"It won't take long to see my serial killer father and find out whether he is helping another serial killer even if he's been behind bars for years?" you asked, "No mom. It shouldn't take long."

"Sarcasm will give you wrinkles."

"Oh yeah, tragedy."

"Call me as soon as you leave there," she insisted, making you smile. "Promise me."

"I promise," you said as you pulled over in front of the building. Even the sight of it was enough to make your stomach flip and you felt the bile climbing up your throat.

You did not want to see him.

You had managed not to see him for years now, but now, the news were full of different coverage about a killer whose method of killing was very similar to him.

A flower left in the crime scene, every damn time.

Naturally, FBI wanted a word with the original killer. Less naturally, the original killer refused to speak unless he talked to his younger daughter, who happened to be you.

Unfortunately.

Yet, the sooner you walked in, the sooner you would walk out, and that was the only thing that offered any kind of consolation.

"God damn it," you mumbled to yourself as you left your car, and made your way into the building. They patted you down, made you go through the x-ray and sign the papers before you entered the hall.