li. the ancestors are back

Start from the beginning

"In order for them to appear we need your blood." One of the The Harvest girls explains.

"That's funny, I didn't hear you say please." Klaus quips.

"If you want answers, we have to guide you to the Ancestors. But since only one of you is a witch..." The girl trails off, glancing towards Cullen.

"We need to bend the rules." Cullen states, taking the bowl from the young witches.

The Harvest girl shrugs. "Simple loophole. You're both bound by blood to a New Orleans witch. We can use the link to your child to cast a spell and link you to an audience with the dead."

After both Klaus and Cullen have given their blood Klaus speaks up. "Why do I get the feeling there's something you're not mentioning?"

"Just one thing..." The Harvest girl exclaims. "This is gonna hurt."

Cullen and Klaus let out yells as their bodies suddenly arch back, the magic from the Harvest girls flowing through them. The both of them drop to the ground, no longer surrounded by the group of young witches.

"Now can I be angry at them?" Klaus exclaims as him and Cullen shoot up, the once light filled church now covered in a darker hue.

"Get angry later." Cullen instructs as they jump up from the ground. "We're here now. We may as well get some answers."

"So are we to wander around this dreary purgatory in search of lost souls?" Klaus question is answered when the church doors fly open, a cloaked figure entering the building.

"I wasn't sure you were gonna show up." A familiar voice speaks up.

"Well, I'm full of surprises. I hope you intend to make our trip worth the effort." Klaus replies.

"As a matter of fact, I do." The figure states, pulling their hood down. Klaus and Cullen glance at one another in surprise when they see Davina. "And you are gonna listen to every single word I have to say, because right now, I'm the only thing standing between you and the Hollow. How is Kol? Can't see anything here except New Orleans."

"I believe he's currently traipsing through the French Riviera, though I'm sure he'll return once I tell him how lovely you remain. Death becomes you." Klaus quips.

"Stop talking." Cullen snaps, knowing angering Davina would in no way help them.

"Gladly." Klaus muses. "Once she tells us something that could be of help, because, as I recall, when Freya kicked her into this drab shadowland, her brethren wanted to tear her apart."

"You want to defeat the Hollow. So do I. So do the Ancestors. But first you need to know what you're up against. It begins a thousand years before the city was founded. Two rival tribes decided to combine their power. They thought that by uniting in peace, they would enter a new age of harmony." Davina begins. "That marriage bore a child. For nine months, the tribe elders visited the mother, using magic to grant the child great power in hopes that the newborn would become a symbol of prosperity. But they had no idea what they were bringing into the world. She was named Inadu. Soon it was clear that she was stronger than anyone could imagine. And that she had a terrible hunger for more power still. And that's how the Hollow was born."

"Well, this is all frightening fodder for campfire tales, but how do we kill her?" Klaus interrupts.

"You don't understand." Davina states. "You can't."

"If this thing is so powerful it can't be destroyed, why bring us here? Why tell us all of this?" Cullen questions.

"The Ancestors needed you to know." Davina informs them.