v. discovery

"AH

"AH." CULLEN LET'S out a groan as a sharp pain in her neck wakes her up.

"What the hell was that?" Rebekah questions, entering her room.

"I don't know." Cullen mumbles, rubbing the side of her neck. "It feels like I was stabbed."

"Well, here." Rebekah hands Cullen a plate of food. "Breaky time. Time for the demon spawn to snack."

Cullen laughs slightly, placing her hand on her sort of noticeable baby bump. "I really wish you wouldn't call her that."

"Oh, sorry, have you picked another name yet?" Rebekah playfully asks, holding out a bowl off apples. "Take one, the plantation's lousy with them."

"So what's on the agenda for today?" Cullen questions, digging into her breakfast.

"Nothing." Rebekah stresses. "Nik and Elijah have gone out to talk to Davina, they hope to get her to unlink you from Sophie so it's just you and me and I can't have you dying on my watch."

"You know, when I first met you, I thought you were kind of a bitch." Cullen exclaims.

"What changed your mind?" Rebekah smiles.

"Oh, I still think you're a bitch." Cullen nods. "I've just grown to like that about you."

Rebekah laughs, shaking her head slightly. "Aw, well, that's sweet of you to say. Remember it when I'm gone."

"Gone?" Cullen looks up from her plate. "Where are you going?"

"I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so... as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop." Rebekah explains.

"Rebekah." Cullen begins, setting her plate to the side. "You can not leave me alone with those two."

Rebekah starts to smile at the girl's words when she stops, noticing the look on Cullen's face. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Cullen places her hand on her stomach. "Probably morning sickness."

Rebekah moves forward, placing her hand on Cullen's forehead. "Oh, you're burning up, actually."

-

"Stop fussing, will you? Klaus will be here any minute." Rebekah assures as she takes care of Cullen. Almost an hour had passed since the original wave of sickness had hit her and she had only gotten worse since then.

Cullen groans, her forehead covered in sweat. "I feel like I've been microwaved."

"Hey." Rebekah calm chastises her. "Just because you're carrying a baby doesn't mean you get to act like one. I'm sure my little niece is healing you up as we speak." Before Cullen can respond Klaus walks into the room along with Sophie. "What the hell is she doing here?"

"I'm trying to help." Sophie speaks up.

"Help? You're the reason we're in this bloody mess. Why aren't we unlinked with this witch already, Klaus?" Rebekah questions, turning to her brother.

"Elijah is working on it." Klaus replies. "Rebekah, let her do what she can."

"I may know a way to slow the fever down. But, I'm gonna need some special herbs." Sophie explains, turning to Rebekah. "I'll text you a list."

"Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl." Rebekah mutters, stomping past Klaus, obviously upset with the role she had been given.

-

As the sun went down Cullen's fever only got worse. Once Rebekah arrived back with the herbs, Cullen had been carried outside where she currently sat by the pool. "She's burning up." Klaus announces, removing his jacket. "We need to do this now."

"Get her in the water." Sophie shouts as Klaus jumps in, bring Cullen with him.

"I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help." Rebekah states.

"Her temperature is sky-high. The water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down." Sophie tells her before handing Cullen whatever magical concoction she had just cooked up. "Drink this." Sophie orders before turning to Klaus. "You're going to have to get her heart rate down."

"How do you suggest I do that?" Klaus questions.

"Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure." Sophie explains as Klaus moves deeper into the pool, now cradling a groaning Cullen.

"This is never gonna work." Rebekah voices her opinion as she watches from the side.

"Davina will break the link." Klaus raises his voice. "We just need time."

"Oh, I can't breathe." Cullen complains, thrashing in Klaus's hold.

Not really knowing how to help her, Klaus holds the girl a little closer. "You need to calm down, love. You're just making it worse. Breathe."

Klaus's soothing works worked, but only for a moment as Cullen suddenly felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. Lunging forward, the girl let's out a scream. Seconds tick by as the pain gets worse only for it to abruptly stop. Letting out a shaky breath Cullen relaxes her body, letting Klaus hold her.

"I just felt it lift." Sophie speaks up. Klaus watches as Sophie removes her earring, pricking her hand. Picking up Cullen's he looks for the identical mark only to see that she was fine. Sophie and Cullen were no longer linked.

"Come on." Klaus whispers, running his hand down Cullen's back. "Let's go." Leading Cullen into Rebekah's arms, Klaus turns to Sophie, an evil smirk on his face. "I have a witch to take care of."

-

"Where is he?" Josh questions as Cullen opens the door. After the whole unlinking incident she had taken a shower and a nap and felt a thousand times better. "I've been trying to find him all day. Marcel knows that Klaus lied to him about where he lives."

Cullen rolls her eyes. "I'm not his damn keeper, Josh."

"Fine. Just... tell him to call me, please." Josh exclaims.

"Okay." Cullen nods, closing the door. Once again she was alone in the house, all three of the Mikaelson siblings were out doing god knows what. The pregnant witch is taken out of her thoughts when someone knocks on the door again. "Ugh, what the hell, Josh?"

"Hi, there." Cullen's eyes widen when the man she knew to be Marcel greets her. "I'm Marcel. I don't think we've met."