18- George Weasley

"No. Absolutely not."

"What? Why not?" Fred asks confused.

Y/n looks at him incredulously. "Are you mentally deficient?! What do you mean why not? The last time you have me an unlabeled bottle to test for you, claiming it to be a prank on George, it backfired on me."

His eyebrows furrow, thinking back, trying to remember pranking her when he suddenly remembers giving her a potion that caused her to talk backwards for an entire day.

His eyes widen upon the realization and a large, mischievous grin spreads across his face.

"Oh yeah! Sorry about that, but I really do want to get back at George for keeping a secret from me."

Y/n laughs, once again confusing Fred. "Nice try, Weasley, I know for a fact that you tell each other everything. What are you trying to do to me this time? Hair loss? Eternal bad breath?"

"No, but I like the idea of the second one... but no. If George won't tell me who he fancies, I need your help getting that information."

"Why can't you just do it yourself?"

"Don't you think I've already tried? My voice isn't feminine in the slightest, but yours is. All you have to do is drink the potion, say hello, and hopefully, he'll say the name. Come on! Don't you want to know who he fancies?"

"Not particularly," She mutters, not wanting him to say another girl's name.

Fred smirks. "Yes, you do."

She shakes her head. "No, I really don't." She can feel her heart pounding in her chest.

"Why not?"

"There must be a reason why he didn't tell you. I don't want to invade his privacy."

Fred rolls his eyes and sighs in exasperation. "Lame! What would it take for you to take it?"

"Uh, I don't know. I don't really want anything." His head sinks in his hands and a sudden thought occurs to her. "Oh, wait!" Fred looks up at her instantly after the words leave her lips.

"What?"

"If I do this, I don't want either of you to prank me anymore."

Fred considers it for a second. "Fine. There are hundreds of other people here we can prank."

He extends the bottle to her one more, Y/n now realizing the pink, shimmery liquid is in a heartshaped glass bottle.

"How inconspicuous," She states sarcastically, hesitantly accepting it. "How much do I take?"

"The entirety. Don't worry, it tastes sweet."

Y/n nods, pops off the cork, and brings it up to her nose, smelling its alluring contents.

"This smells like my amortentia," She glares at him.

"That's what I thought! It isn't amortentia though. All it does is make you appear different to everyone, taking the form of whoever they fancy."

Y/n nods slowly, allowing the idea to make sense, closes her eyes, then tips the contents into her mouth, drinking the entire potion. Fred didn't lie. It was the sweetest thing she had ever tasted. So sweet that she nearly spat it out.

"Woah, so it does work." Fred murmurs.

"What do you mean?" Y/n goes to look at herself in the mirror and finds her own reflection. "No, it doesn't."

"Yes, it actually did work. I looked in the mirror myself and saw my reflection, but right now, to me, you look like Angelina."

Y/n smirks and exclaims, "I knew you liked her!"