3- Draco Malfoy

FIRST YEAR

The nerves of going to Hogwarts have been eating Y/n alive for a week straight. Both of her parents had gone to the well-known school of witchcraft and wizardry and they were both sorted into Slytherin, so, the self-inflicted pressure of getting sorted into her parent's house put extreme, unnecessary, weight on the young girl's shoulders.

She sits in front to the entire school as McGonagall places the oversized sorting hat o her head that's ready to determine her future. She wrings her hands nervously, hoping not to disappoint her parents.

"Hm," A disembodied voice from the hat speaks just to her in her head. "You are very interesting. Very interesting." Y/n subtly bites her lower lip in confusion and the hat goes on to explain. "You're cunning and ambitious, and have a bright future ahead of you. You're also very kind, patient, determined, and loyal. I'm torn. Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Slytherin or Hufflepuff. A very tricky decision indeed."

Please be Slytherin. Please be Slytherin. She desperately thinks.

"Slytherin? Are you sure you want to be in Slytherin or do you just want to please your family? I think that's a real Hufflepuff decision if it's the latter. Yes. I think so."

Slytherin. Slytherin. Slytherin." She chants over and over in her head, trying her hardest to get the hat to shout-

"Hufflepuff!"

Loud claps and large smiles coming from one of the four rows of tables with yellow and black banners hanging over it fills the room.

Y/n sighs in disappointment as the hat is removed from her head. Faking a smile, she walks over to her new house.

She takes a seat next to a girl who had been the previous one to be sorted into the house and quietly watches the rest of the new students get sorted as she thinks with the dread of telling her parents what house she has been sorted into in the back of her head.

~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD YEAR

"Colloshoo!" Draco yells, stopping Y/n in her tracks. He had stuck her shoes to the floor so she couldn't walk away from him this time. Snickers are heard from Crabbe and Goyle while they hold out their wands menacingly. "I told you not to run."

"What do you need, Draco?" Y/n asks calmly. He'd been tormenting her for years ever since she was sorted into Hufflepuff.

"I don't need anything from you," The way he spat out 'you' could've made anyone believe he was disgusted by her, which is not exactly the case. "I just wanted to remind you how much of a disappointment you are to your family and to everyone else around you, blood traitor. I can't believe one of the most respected wizarding families could have such a disgrace in the bloodline!" He laughs, but at the back of his mind, his conscience was screaming for him to stop.

Y/n just sighs and takes out her wand to reverse the hex.

"Expelliarmus!" He shouts, sending her wand flying across the corridor before she could free herself.

More laughs erupt from the two boys standing on either side of the smug-looking blond, a proud smirk gracing his face. He never really liked bullying people, however, he has an image to maintain.

"Crinus muto." His spell makes her hair turn into a murky green colour.

Once again, more snickers.

"Leave her alone, Malfoy!" Harry Potter shouts, rushing over to Y/n's side with her wand in one hand, his own in the other.

"What are you going to do, Potter?" He sneers angrily, but he was just relieved that he is being forced to stop.

"If you don't unhex her I'll cast the bat-bogey hex on all three of you."