35- (Young) Remus Lupin (Part 2)

REQUESTED BY: slyther-claw05

Song: So this is Love (Cinderella)

"I can't, sorry, I'm busy," Remus states casually, not bothering to lift his eyes from his new favourite book.

The other three Marauders groan in annoyance at the response, having grown accustomed to, and increasingly annoyed, by the words.

"You always say that on Friday nights, Moony!" Sirius complains. "And Friday nights are the best nights to plan our pranks so we can set them off on Saturday's."

"Besides, what's got you so busy all of a sudden? Are you taking that book out on dates?" James teases.

Peter laughs then quickly adds, "I knew you liked books, but I never knew you liked them that much."

"Oh shut up, I've just been busy, that's all."

James grips onto the back of Remus's chair, bending forward so their faces are uncomfortably close. "Then why have you been so secretive about whatever it is you do?" Remus pushes his face back so James simply backs away, maintaining his grip on the chair. "What are you hiding, Moony?"

"I'm not hiding anything."

"Then why aren't you telling us what you're so busy doing every Friday during dinner?" Sirius questions.

"Because you never ask."

"What do you do, Moony?" Peter questions almost immediately after.

Remus sighs and sets his book down, knowing he isn't going to be able to read anymore with all of their pesterings.

"Well," He starts, sparing quick glances at his three friends. "I go to the kitchen, get some food, and just eat dinner away from you guys. Sometimes I watch movies and sometimes I read, it honestly depends on the mood."

"Really? That's it?" James asks; clearly disappointed that Remus hadn't snuck out to do something thrilling without them so they could hear everything he does. He then leans closer to Sirius and whispers, "What's a movie?"

Sirius shrugs as he doesn't know either, and focuses back on their friend.

Remus nods nonchalantly, "That's it."

"Why haven't you ever invited us?" Peter asks, mildly offended that Remus doesn't want to spend as much time with them as they used to.

"Sometimes I like to spend some time unwinding from everything we do during the week and I need to take a break. Dinner and a movie always seem to pair nicely for a way to relax, and so is reading, but - surprisingly - I prefer to watch movies during that time."

"Where do you even watch movies?" Sirius tilts his head in confusion, trying to, first of all, think of what a movie actually is, and second of all where Remus could supposedly watch one.

"Oh, you know, just someplace quiet," He casually replies, not yet wanting to reveal the secret room he had accidentally discovered the previous year in a time od absolute stress. "It differs, really."

The three boys nod, dropping the subject, switching to pranks before Remus gets up and stretches.

"Where are you going?" James looks over at the clock and realizes what time it is. "Oh! Dinner's already started! Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"

"I'm positive."

"Can we come with you? I want to see what a movie is," Peter asks somewhat timidly, not wanting to sound too persistent as to not accidentally upset Remus.