17- (Young) James Potter

TW: Manipulation, sexual assault, car crash

Y/n sat in a chair she dragged over to the window, watching the Potter's house, eagerly awaiting the return of her best, wizard, friend, James Potter. They have been best friends ever since they met when they were two years old.

Growing up, Y/n didn't realize James is a wizard, so any weird even caused by his premature magic was always played off without any notice while Euphemia and Fleamont Potter cleaned up his mess.

The Potter's told their son at age five that he is a wizard and that he had to keep it a secret from Y/n. He often questioned them why, and they always told him that she is a muggle and that muggles can't know about wizards.

At age eleven, James lied to Y/n, telling her that his parents are sending him away to a boarding school in Scotland and that he'd come home for the holidays. Y/n cried when he told her and gave him a big hug, pleading him not to forget about her while he was away.

Now, at age seventeen, Y/n still holds the same childhood excitement for that holidays, not leaving the window for a second until the Potter's arrived home in a taxi.

As soon as Y/n sees the yellow car turn onto the road, she throws on her coat, hat, scarf, mittens, and boots and runs out of the house toward her neighbours just as the Potter's and two others make their way from the car.

"James!" Y/n shouts, running up to him and pulling him in for a tight hug, a brilliant smile lighting up her face.

"Y/n, I'm so happy to see you!" He hugs her just as tight, rocking them both back and forth until someone behind James clears their throat and the two pull away. "Oh, right, Y/n, this is my best mate, Sirius," James motions toward the already smirking boy.

"I thought I was your best mate," Y/n pretends to pout, but a polite smile quickly replaces the exaggerated look as she holds out her hand. "Y/n L/n."

Sirius takes her hand and shakes it firmly.

"And this," James draws her attention back to him. He's pointing at a beautiful redhead. "is my girlfriend, Lily."

"It's nice to finally meet you," Y/n greets, extending her hand to the other girl.

"Finally? You already know who I am?" Lily asks, accepting the handshake while giving James a questioning look.

"Of course! Wally wally, blood and dolly." The three give her confused glances. "Oh, you've bever heard of that? Uh, well, he's crazy about you. He talked about you all the time when he was here. You're just as pretty as he told me," She compliments, much to James's embarrassment.

"Where's our hug?" Euphemia jokingly asks and Y/n instantly excuses herself from Lily and hugs the older Potter's.

Sirius nudges James's shoulder and whispers, "How come you were holding out on me?"

"What do you mean?"

Sirius gives him a pointed look. "You know what I mean. She's beautiful."

James looks at Y/n in confusion. He'd never thought about her in any way other than platonic, but taking a closer look at her now, he can see she's changed a lot since he's been gone. The snowflakes glisten on the ends of her hair, her bright eyes and an ecstatic smile go well with her matured face. Just looking at her purely for her looks causes his face to flush pink making him thankful for the cold.

"Huh, I guess I never noticed," James tries to brush off casually, yet his eyes linger on her as she excitedly talks to his parents.

"She seems nice," Lily says, joining James's side, wrapping an arm around his waist and bringing him closer to her. James only nods, not bothering to break his gaze away from Y/n. "You must've really missed her, huh? You can barely take your eyes off her."