4- Harry Potter

There are some parts in this chapter where I quote lines and scenes from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which I do not own.

"Welcome to the second task!" Dumbledore announces using his wand to amplify his voice, addressing the crowd full of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbatons students who cheer loudly from the aquatic stands towering over the Black Lake. "Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions, a treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so, and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin at the sound of the cannon!"

The loud crack of the cannon firing sounds instantly after the announcement, signalling the start of the competition. Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor immediately jump into the ice-cold water, Harry still clasping onto the railing of the lower dock connected to the towering stand, gagging at the taste of gillyweed, when Professor Moody pushes him in.

Harry yells as he falls into the water, struggling to breathe once he is fully submerged, choking on the lack of air and the painful sensation of the growth of his new, temporary, gills forming from the magical seaweed-like plant. Along with the gills, Harry gains webbed fingers and long flippers. He treads the water in place, looking amazed at his additional body parts for a moment.

Above the water, Seamus, Dean, Neville, and Y/n watch Harry's figure over the edge of the dock.

Seamus looks over his shoulder to the small group, hesitant to take his eyes away from Harry, and asks in a concerned tone, "What's the matter with him?"

"I don't know; I can't see him," Dean replies.

Neville starts panicking, turning around and grasping his hair. His heavy breathing pulls Y/n's attention away from her friend and over to Neville.

Oh my God. I've killed Harry Potter!"

"Don't worry, Neville. I'm sure you haven't-"

The splashing of water and Seamus's loud cheering causes Y/n to whip around and catch a glimpse of Harry leaping from the water to do a flip back in. She quickly joins the cheers and Neville turns a mere second after he resubmerges.

"What?" He asks rushing over to join the laughing Dean and Seamus.

"Oh Neville, it was bloody fantastic!" Y/n shouts, clutching onto his shoulder from behind excitedly. "You really should've seen it!"

"Focusing on Harry now, huh?" Dean asks teasingly, giving her a cocky look.

Y/n simply rolls her eyes. "Of course I am. He's my friend."

"That's not that The Prophet's been saying," Seamus adds.

"Don't tell me you actually believe what that woman writes. It's full of utter rubbish." Y/n argues, a dark blush spreading on her cheeks, highly irritated about both the fact that a grown woman would exploit her and Harry's friendship and publish lies about them, and that the readers actually believe whatever she writes.

"Whatever you say, Y/n. Whatever you say." Dean shakes his head.

"You believe me, don't you, Nev?"

"Of course I do, but I can see why people are starting to believe the rumours about you two. The pictures make it seem like you two are closer than you actually are." He states nervously, not wanting to upset her further.

"What he means to say is that pretty much everyone knows you fancy him." Seamus teases.

"I do not fancy him!" Y/n exclaims in an exasperated tone, thankful that they can't hear how fast her heart races. She calms herself, recomposes, then continues in a mild tone. "Can't I just support him as a friend without having feelings for him? Why does it have to be anything more than that?"