23- Remus Lupin (Part 1)

TW: There is a brief moment of self-harm

The door rips from its hinges and Y/n screams at the sudden shock, gathering her blankets closer to her, pressing her back deeper into her pillows, her book is quickly forgotten as she watches her werewolf stalk closer to her.

"Remus?" She asks gently, slowly reaching her hand out toward him. The werewolf growls, baring his sharp teeth at her so she lowers her arm back to her side. "Darling, it's me. Go on out," Her voice is so soft, yet he can't seem to understand her. Not in his current state.

He takes another step closer to her, another deep growl radiating from the back of his throat. His movements are slow - calculated - as he inspects his new prey, his eyes locked on hers.

"Love, you're alright," Her voice is barely a whisper.

She keeps her eyes locked on his as she uses small movements to bring the pillow from behind her back to cover her body, not daring to break eye contact with him in fear that he'd lunge forward. The whole time she does this, he continues growling at her, unable to restrain himself from doing so.

He takes another step closer; Y/n reaches for her book, ready to throw it if needed. His eyes dart to her hand then quickly back to her. He lets out a barking noise and springs forward. Y/n snatches the book and throws it at him, hitting his nose, which only enrages him more.

Remus jumps on top of her, raises his right arm, and slashes the left side of her neck to the right side of her collar bone.

Y/n screams in pain and his eyes seem to momentarily soften as if Remus can sense that he's done something wrong from inside of his werewolf form. He whimpers, holding himself back from mauling her.

Y/n reaches for her neck feeling her fingers instantly dipping into her own, pooling blood. She pulls her reddened fingers away, wiping them on the white sheets before she gets the chance to look at the red liquid, and reaches out to Remus once more.

Another whimper escapes the beast as he comes closer to her and leans his face in her hand.

"Sh, I'm okay." Her voice is shaky, but she uses her thumb to caress the side of her boyfriend's long, furry snout soothingly to show him she isn't mad. He starts licking her wrist and she lets out a breathy laugh. "Awe, you're just like a big puppy, baby."

He lazily growls and she laughs.

A rustle from outside captures his attention and he rips away from her; sprinting through the house, back out the broken doors.

Y/n waits a few seconds to see him through their shared bedroom window before she drags herself from their bed to the bathroom, drops of blood falling from her open wounds leaving a drail of red in her wake.

She inspects herself in the mirror; the scratches are deep and need to be handled immediately.

She grabs a cloth from a basket of towels and wets it in the sink, wringing it out slightly and holds it up to her neck, occasionally making swiping motions, trying to clean up some of the blood.

She grabs a first aid kit from under the sink and starts treating her wounds with healing creams, hissing in pain upon contact with her skin, and covering them with cloth bandages, using medical tape to keep the thick gauze in place.

Y/n continues looking in the mirror, even after she's done tending to herself, and watches as the blood slowly floods through the gauze.

Sighing, she realizes she has to get her injuries inspected by professional mediwitches. Y/n exits the restroom and makes her way over to a desk, pulling out a piece of parchment and a quill.