"I need your help with something. Do you think you could come help me?"

Laxus and the princess looked at each other and smiled before Laxus turned to Emi and insisted that she go.

"Are you coming?"

"Uh, I mean I guess I can come for the walk."

They followed Hisui and they ended up by the royal gardens. Hisui smiled wide before suddenly yanking Emi into the gardens. Emi went to question her when she looked around and saw that there were dimly lit lacrima surrounding the gardens. She scanned the scene in wonder and smiled wide.

"Princess, this is beautiful. How did you--"

She heard a soft chuckle from behind her and saw Sting standing there.

"She didn't. I did. Well...with some help."

"Sting, this is..."

She didn't finish her sentence because she started to spin around to look at all the lights.

"Lady Emiko! Look what I made!"

Lector came flying towards her and dropped a small flower crown on her head. He then retreated to Sting and sat on his head.

"I worked all day on it, yes."

"It's beautiful. Thank you."

Sting rubbed the back of his head and gave a lopsided grin before holding out his hand. She smiled and took it before turning back to Laxus.

"Did you know about this?"

Laxus smirked and responded with a "perhaps" before waving her off and retreating back to the city.

"I'll tell Gramps that you'll talk to him tomorrow."

Emi nodded before turning back to Sting.

"So why did you do all this?"

"Well I figured that we might as well spend the time we have together in a meaningful way, and the princess suggested something like this, so here we are."

He positioned them so they could dance and started to gently sway as he looked lovingly into her eyes. She blushed slightly, but smiled. Lector had floated over to a patch of leadworts and watched on.

"So," Sting laughed, "having fun powering everyone up?"

"It's nice to help people improve."

"But?"

"It's so exhausting," she breathed. "I know that it's necessary, but it's a lot to do in a short amount of time."

"Have you been able to train yourself?"

"A little, but I need some time to practice a couple techniques that--"

"You read about?" Sting finished.

"No. I was taught a couple of spells a long time ago, but I could never master them. I think it'll be important to know them."

"Why don't you take tomorrow? We can all work on our stuff individually. You need time to prepare too."

Sting leaned down and kissed her forehead, and she hummed before leaning up and bringing their lips together. Sting had a goofy grin on his face when she pulled away. He gave her a devilish look.

"So I was thinking that you could stay at the Sabertooth inn tonight and we can--"

She rolled her eyes and she was met with a look of feign offense.

"Now now. Get your mind out of the gutter," Sting chided. "I was just gonna say that we can all spend some time together because Yukino wanted to talk to you. You have a dirty mind, Em."

Emi looked at him unimpressed, but he just smirked back at her.

"What about Lector?"

"Rogue and Frosch wanted a sleepover," he shrugged off.

"Whatever you say, Master Sting."

Sting's face flushed and he gave her a soft glare.

"D-Don't call me that."

It was Emi's turn to smirk.

-------

"Hey Emi, strange seeing you here."

She greeted Orga and sat down next to Yukino.

"How come you're not in Fairy Tail's inn, Miss Emi."

"I figured that I could see you guys tonight."

They all talked for a while before everyone went up to bed. Emi kissed Lector goodnight before he followed Rogue and Frosch in their room. Sting jumped on the bed and sighed in content.

"This feels so good."

Emi giggled and jumped on too. They both eventually sat up and laughed at each other. Sting gently pulled Emi's chin and kissed her softly. She closed her eyes and leaned closer, taking in the moment. They pulled apart after a little while because they were out of breath. Sting kissed her nose before trailing kisses down her chin and to her neck.

"Sting?"

He hummed into her neck as he continued to nip.

"I'm really glad I met you."

She took in a sharp breath when he bit down a little harder.

"And I just wanted to make sure you knew how much I love you."

She could feel Sting's smile, and he pulled away to look at her in the eyes.

"I love you too."

"I also wanted to ask something."

"Hm?"

"If we survive this--"

"When we survive this," he corrected.

"I just wanted to know your view on, um..."

"What is it?"

"Do you think we could maybe start trying?"

Sting held a warm smile, and he took her hands in his and gently squeezed them.

"I think we might be able to do that," he softly spoke.

"One more thing."

"What?"

Emi looked at him shyly before she whispered in his ear. His smirk grew.

"Didn't know you still liked to do that, Em."

PhoenixOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara