Domestic Life

It seemed to be a couple months from when the last memory played, as the leaves on the trees had mostly fallen. Emi walked into the living room and sat next to Laxus on the couch. She turned so she was laying down across the couch, her head rested against the edge while her feet were swung up so they were laying across Laxus's lap.

"Hey, cut that out."

Emi just giggled and opened up a book, completely ignoring him while she read. He eventually stopped protesting and hung his head back.

Emi broke the silence, "Did you know that water magic is so versatile?"

Laxus lifted his head and made eye contact with her before closing his eyes.

"It can be used as a defense, offense, and support. It says that there are even some people that know how to use healing abilities while using water magic. Do you know any water mages?"

"There was a newbie at Fairy Tail that was a water mage. I forget her name though."

"Juvia feels sad."

"Don't worry," Cana soothed, "you had only just joined when he left."

"What was her magic like?"

"I think she was made of water? Something along those lines."

"No way!" Emi exclaimed, her eyes shining brightly. "That's so cool!"

Laxus hummed before letting his head fall back again. He could hear the turning of the pages as Emi read, eventually falling asleep. He woke up when he heard a bang from the kitchen.

"Shit," Emi cursed as she looked at the broken plate.

"What are you doing in here?"

Laxus followed her eyes towards the floor where a plate shattered. He sighed before bending down and picking up the pieces. Emi started to help, but she ended up stepping on a sharp piece, causing her to squeak in pain. Laxus guided her to one of the chairs and asked her to sit down so he could look at it.

"This is gonna hurt."

Emi started to panic and squirm, "No no! I'm fine. It's fine. It can just stay in there for now. I'm sure that--"

She was cut off by her own scream as Laxus ripped the glass out of her foot. She glared at Laxus, tears starting to flow from the pain.

"Is there still a kit in the bathroom down here or is it only upstairs?"

Emi motioned towards the upstairs bathroom. Laxus looked towards the stairs before turning back to Emi and lifting her up from the seat. She asked what he was doing, but he simply carried her up the stairs and sat her on the closed toilet in the bathroom upstairs.

"You know, you could've just grabbed the kit and brought it down."

Laxus took out a disinfecting spray and apologized again before aiming at her foot.

"Wait!"

Laxus looked up at her and raised an eyebrow. She tried to come up with something, but nothing was coming to mind.

"Stop stalling. You need this or it'll get infected."

With that, Laxus held her foot still and sprayed the cut area. Emi whined and hissed as it started to sting. She continued to sniffle.

"Why are you crying?" Laxus mused.

"I don't have a very high pain tolerance, and it really hurts."