Chapter 1: Transfer Student

Another ordinary morning I have. I always do my routine at school. After class in the morning its lunch break, I eat with Gray and Juvia today at the cafeteria, then went to my favorite place here at school- the library. I scan every book at the library and I've read all of them, that's why I am having a hard time now to pick something to read. As I walk towards the book shelf at the second floor of the library, I saw a blonde girl trying to get a book up in the shelf but she can't reach it. I look around if I can find something that she can stand at to get the book, but I've seen nothing. No one is around also to help her except me. I don't have a choice but to help her. I have this urge to help someone in need always. I approach that girl in the shelf and get the book she is reaching at. I handed it to her. And rush back again to the other side where I was standing at earlier and hide behind the shelf and take a peek at her. I'm really getting nervous when I am approaching some stranger here in school especially a girl. I don't know why.

"Thank you-" she said and I think she noticed me

"You're welcome." I said shyly and try to hide my face on the shelf

"Hey why are you hiding there? I just want to thank you for helping me. I really can't reach that book and good thing you came." She said as she approach me

"I-I never seen you here b-before." My voice is trembling in fear I don't hate strangers but there is something about this girl that I feel really nervous, I feel like sweating

"Oh! Yeah I'm a transfer student. My name is Lucy Heartfilia class 2-1. Nice meeting you." She said as she offers her hand

"N-Natsu D-Dragneel. Class 3-1. N-nice to meet you too." I said then try to offer my hand also but it is trembling, then by my surprise she takes it and shakes hands with me. That wasn't so bad after all and I also calm down, the trembling stops.

"Later. Thank you again." She said and walks away. I never met such a girl before.

I've pick a book there at the same shelf. I never knew some book like this would exist here in the library. It is entitled, "Yosei no Shippo!" I will borrow this one and read it at the rooftop. I feel like reading this up there.

"Lisanna I will take this one." I said as I handed her the book, she is chewing a gum and let a blow to it.

"Hey Lisanna eating isn't allowed at the library right?" I said a bit scolding her she works here but she disobey the rules.

"It's okay Natsu." She said and stamp my library card "By the way who is that girl with you earlier?" she asked

"Huh? What? Girl?"

"Don't play dumb because that doesn't suit you."

"Ah she's Lucy a transfer student."

"Oh...so you guys are friends now huh?"

"Friends? No she's not my friend, I just help her to get her book that's all." I said and look at Lucy who is reading her book across the desk of Lisanna.

"Really? Here be sure to take it back after school."

"Yes, I will finish this one fast." I said and went out of the library. I climb the stairs until I've reach the rooftop. I began on reading after I get my nice spot.

---

"I'm Lucy Heartfilia. Nice to meet you, everyone. " A blonde girl introduced herself to the whole class

"She's from America, so please everyone be friendly to her okay." Kinana-sensei said after she writes her name on the blackboard

Everyone on the class was whispering something about her, like she's cute, and foreign. Lucy was assigned to sit beside a bluenette wavy long hair. Lucy says her greetings to her. "I'm Juvia Lockser, Nice to meet you. If you want Juvia can show you around later!" Juvia said giving Lucy a wink