Prompt 35 || Word Prompt

ابدأ من البداية

I only remember hearing a deep voice say "Happy New Year, I'm..." in my ear, before twirling me around. His muscular arms tilted me backwards and his beard tickled my face when his lips found mine. Then he was gone.

Touching my lips, I will my mind to find the muscular, blonde man's name. It's a lost cause. *Sigh*

*Tap tap tap* Who would be knocking on my door right now? Without thinking, I drag my feet to the door and pull it open.

"Hi, I'm Owen, from last night. Gia gave me your room number." He chuckles softly. "Want to grab a coffee with me?" Wow!

"Um, yes! I have to shower first, but yes!" I say through a smile. What a horrible time to be covered in booze and confetti!!

***

Winner 2: _incarnadine_

Terror and disgust. These words are used to describe something haunting, something terrifying, something terrible or something puke inducing.

But that isn't something you'd utter on the 21st anniversary of your birth, covered in glitter.

And booze.

You could expect this from my crazy family—celebrating me being legal, finally.

I'm sure I was terrorised and disgusted for life. Satire? Yes.

I spit the remaining confetti from my mouth. Now that's a fine birthday.

I could imagine the headlines of the next day. 'Girl dies by choking on confetti feeded by crazy family'.

All eyes were on me as I struggled to cut the cake, which was useless since it wasn't edible anymore. Unless you were into digesting bright pink, barbie confetti.

"Cut it! Cut it!" They chanted.

"Yeah, yeah." I said monotonously.

I cut the cake into pieces and took a clean one to give to my mum. "Here." I say as she eats it from my hand.

"Damn it. This sh*t could have been so delicious if your daddy dear hadn't decided to pop the damn thing on the cake." Yes, that was my mother. A sailor, if you know what I mean.

"Ari, we have a surprise for you." My mum said. She put her hands around my eyes and took me to what I presumed was the main door. As if on cue, the bell rang.

She removed her hands as I opened the door.

"Hello Ari—" A deep husky voice uttered as the speaker's green eyes bore into mine.The eyes I knew all too well. Eyes that eyed a different beauty every night, since I'd been one of them once too.

Terror and disgust seized me.

Satire? No.

***

Winner 3: anamika_writes

"What happened last night?"

Terror. Disgust. Those two words were the first to pop up in my head. However, I answered, "I don't really know!"

A one night stand was understandable but it's kind of a toss up when you wake up covered in glitter and booze. Especially, when the other person involved is your rival at work.

"I need words, Miss!" My best friend brought me back from the bitter recollection of the morning.

I looked up and decided to let it out all at once, "I drank at work, technically after working hours. It was just to celebrate the end of this project. I don't know how exactly but I woke up naked in his arms, reeking of booze and covered with glitter."

I noticed Bella's face crunch up and then she had a goofy smile, "Tell me it's your boss!"

I looked at her horrified, "No. It was Mr. Douche!"

"You slept with Evan!" She said so loudly that I had to jump up, and press my palm against her mouth.

"What the hell dude!" I glared at her, pulling back my hand when she had calmed.

"Exactly, what the hell dude? You had hots for your boss but slept with the guy you absolutely loath and, seemingly had very kinky adventurous night."

"Told yaa! I screwed up." I muttered, looking away.

"Shit!" She gasped. "Shit, shit! You actually like him."

I didn't bother to meet her eyes to confirm. I knew only she could see through the pretense I put up.

"Told yaa, I am in deep trouble this time."

"Damn!" She mumbled.

I sighed, having hatred for your best friend's brother was one thing but having a one night stand with him despite the hatred was another. And, I was headed to a stage beyond the two. That's what mid life crisis meant for me.