Prompt 26 || Picture Prompt

Hi everyone and welcome to our newest prompt!

As you can tell from the title, we'll be featuring a fancy little picture prompt this week. It's only up to you how you intrepret the prompt; it can be as literally or as figuratively as you want. Give it a little spin, sprinkle some drama on top, add subgenre of your choice and, most importantly, enjoy the whole writing process!

We can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :)

~

PICTURE PROMPT

WINNERS:

Please keep in mind that winners are not posted in any specific order. To read the rest of the wonderful entries submitted to us, you can check them out in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: Kweenkira

I'm stupid, I know that,

Delirious and childish, I know that too,

But no one knew me better than you ever did.

I'm here staring out at the waves, my head filled with thoughts of you, of your dark beautiful hair and how the wind always glided through it. Your amazing eyes that I always found mine lost in.

Your charming smile that brightens my world and lastly your presence flowing all around me.

It seems like just yesterday when I could still hold you in my arms but alas it's been three years, 6 months and 10 days.

I still find myself coming back to sea, because it was your most favorite place. I still make your favorite dishes topped with your favorite wine every now and then.

I just sit reminiscing our memories and imagining you were seated opposite me. Each time, I always end up wishing I was the one in your place or better still, that we'd left together. Life feels so empty without you in it, my dearest treasure.

No one could ever love you like I did, and even after 3 years, I'm beyond positive that I still feel the same way.

***

WINNER 2: lilyannkarris

I was waiting for a phone call tonight but my heart wouldn't relax. I left behind my studio apartment to drive over the the beach to clear my thoughts.

"What a bummer", I thought to myself out loud. I fingered the last five dollars in the back pocket of my ripped jeans. I wanted to be wearing a dress while relaxing in the sun. Instead I was broke as anything just trying to survive that 9 to 5 hustle. The dollar store jean shorts and rainbow shop halter tops were the only clothes I could afford to wear. "Cheer up! It could always be worse. I could have no clothes", I mumbled under my breath humorlessly.

I looked out at the beach to see the motorized hunks of steel powering across with their fancy logos. The sign for the yacht club membership area stood out like a sore thumb in front of me. The people on those yacht's were eating fancy dinners, sipping their martini's and enjoying life to the fullest.

Meanwhile I was walking along the beach, swatting away mosquito's and hoping that I could pay next month's rent. I kept telling myself time again that "It is what it is" to get through the tough times. The rocks cut into my frayed sandals during my evening stroll from the broadwalk to the beach. I hard to drag the massive stroller over the sandy terrain. I chose a spot that was safe for leaving the stroller and sat on the rocks below me. The little bundle of joy was sleeping peacefully under the safe netting of her stroller.

Yeah, i didn't have a million dollars but at least I had her. No amount of extravagant dinners or fancy boats could replace the joy she gave me.

The phone rang loudly from the diaper bag. It was the call I had been been waiting for Yay!. "We are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen for the position at Corp ULTD", the woman said eloquently. I thanked the woman for her time. I fingered the five dollars in the back of my pocket once again. 'good things come to those who earn it' i thought to myself as I smiled at my baby girl.

***

WINNER 3: Em_Tornado

I sigh as I look out of the window of the cruise ship.

One day.

Just one day, and I was missing him like crazy.

The past week had been nothing short of wonderful. Simon and I had met each other, and had decided on the second day that we really, really loved each other.

It was fast, but it was us.

Both of us knew that it was coming. We knew that we'd have to leave some day. That he had to go to France and I had to go home.

But we'd ignored it, and now, I was sitting on my bed, sighing repeatedly as I thought of his clear blue eyes and tousled blond hair, with a hint of a smile in his eyes.

I had to go to him.

-

And thus, here I was, standing in front of a brown oak door.

I take a deep breath to attempt to calm my racing heart. I can do this.

It takes everything in me to not bolt away, and instead raise my hand to knock.

And the polite smile that melted into something much more reserved that greeted me made it all worthwhile.