Prompt 41 || Word Prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to our brand new word prompt! You are free to interpret the prompt in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt provided

Hello everyone and welcome to our brand new word prompt! You are free to interpret the prompt in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt provided. You are more than welcome to use the word prompt to inspire you to start a brand new story or you can incorporate in an already existing story. For more information, check out the guidelines below!

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

(Please note that the winners are listed in no specific order.)

#1: by yes-shewrites

I stared daggers at Eli from across the elevator.

He didn't look, but I knew he felt my fury.

For weeks, I had been working to secure a huge deal with a client. Then, last week, Eli had jumped in to do it himself, like a vulture snatching up the prey I'd been stalking. And he got the credit.

I can't believe I'd almost asked him out.

Well. I guess I could.

He was adorable—tall, dark hair, gorgeous green eyes. Looked phenomenal in a suit. My coworkers said he liked me.

But that didn't matter now.

Interrupting my thoughts, the elevator jolted to a stop.

Eli startled.

"No, no, no." Closing the distance between us, he pressed buttons on the wall to no avail. His face paled, breath shallowing. He hit the emergency button. Nothing. "How did that not work?"

He was panicking, which, given how composed he usually was, I found dually amusing and concerning.

"Are you claustrophobic?"