Prompt 9 || Word Prompt

Welcome to our newest prompt! We want to thank everyone who has continuously participated in our prompts and hope that our prompts have helped inspire you along the way

Welcome to our newest prompt! We want to thank everyone who has continuously participated in our prompts and hope that our prompts have helped inspire you along the way. Remember that all entries must be submitted in a single comment below!

WORD PROMPT

(Word prompt reads: Coffee and papers flew into a mess as the two strangers collided on their hurried paths, unaware that their destinies were now intertwined

(Word prompt reads: Coffee and papers flew into a mess as the two strangers collided on their hurried paths, unaware that their destinies were now intertwined.)

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order.

***

WINNER 1: midnight_writes_

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Oh my, I can't bel-"

Words tumbled out of my mouth before I could grip the edges of my mind and calm the frenzy of thoughts. Papers were scattered across the floor and ink blotches had been smeared over the notes as the coffee continued to run along them.

"Excuse me, dear, but please take this coat." The lines on the man's forehead deepened and he scratched at his grey hair before quickly taking off his coat and handing it to me. The perplexity of a stranger handing me their coat seemed to catch me off guard until I caught a glimpse of the coffee spiralling down my white blouse. Before I could even process the embarrassment he said, "It's alright, dear." A gentle smile took over his features and the wrinkles encompassing his face seemed to be filled with stories and experiences.