Prompt 33 || Word Prompt

WINNERS:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any particular order. You can read the rest of the festive entries in the comments section below!

***

Winner 1: WRT-SO 

I can't believe I agreed to dress up as Santa in public, on a Saturday. If I wasn't making overtime pay and raising money for charity, there's no way I would be doing this.

Troy, my manager, wouldn't let me wear the beard to hide my face. He said it's not believable to have a girl Santa with a curly white beard. I tried to argue he's being sexist but he won, because I need the money.

Standing in the mall center with my bucket and sign promoting the donation drive for the local animal shelter, I force a fake smile and mimic a pageant wave. I look like a demented robot. Thirty minutes in, I hear the unmistakable cackling of the popular women from sales.

"Look at the little admin in the tacky, baggy velour." Valorie, the head minion says. I quickly glance to see seven of my coworkers walking towards me, including Robbie, the most beautiful, charming man on the planet that doesn't know I exist.

Dear Santa, my only wish for Christmas is to disappear this very instant. Thanks!

"Hey, Santa! " Valorie exclaims and I cringe. "I must say, this outfit suits you better than your usual outfits. Hm, I want you to sing the one about Rudolf." She says, as they come to a stop in front of me.

"What?" No way am I singing right now!

"Troy wants a video of you singing something jolly to play at the holiday party tonight." They laugh and my face turns as scarlet as this itchy fabric.