Prompt 16 || Picture Prompt

Hello lovely people and thank you for joining us for our first prompt of December! This week, we will be featuring a picture prompt

Hello lovely people and thank you for joining us for our first prompt of December! This week, we will be featuring a picture prompt. Remember, it is entirely up to you on how to interpret the prompt - meaning that you can interpret it as literally or as figuratively as you would like.

PICTURE PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. To read the rest of the entries, please check them out in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: Cocosghost

"After an abysmal week at the luxurious Gstadd resort, the mysterious note left on the linen cloth next to my steaming coffee cup, frightened, but intrigued me.

"If the stars align, you'll be mine.

Allison, I've loved you from first sight!

Meet me at the chalet for a midnight rendezvous."

I don't know if it was the double shot of caffeine, or the idea of a romantic rendezvous, but my heart skipped a beat. Was this someone's idea of a joke? Really, who could this mystery man be?

For a moment, I began to fantasize about the glorious snow board instructor, the one I'd face planted into during my embarrassing morning lesson. My fantasies turned dark when I imagined a crazed Hannibal Lecter luring me to a grisly end. As I turned in my seat, scanning the posh lodge, my emotions see-sawed wildly. What if it was one of those gorgeous George Clooney look a-likes warming up by the stone fireplace after their first morning runs down the slopes.

I swallowed nervously, silently admonishing myself. Don't get your hopes up Allison! You don't even ski. Sighing, I lifted the frothing cafe latte to my lips.

"Can I get you anything else miss?"

Startled, I looked up into the masculine face of the bartender. Although he'd been serving me all week in the dining room, I'd never noticed how ruggedly handsome he was. His easy self confidence reminded of Mathew McConauhey. If the actor has been British and dark haired.

"Uh, no thank you." I quickly glanced at his name tag. "Michael."

My stomach did a somersault when his penetrating green eyes met mine. "Very good then, Miss Prince."

I shivered when his hand brushed mine as he placed the leather bill holder down on the table. When he moved away, I couldn't help noticing his perfect butt. I opened the leather billfold. Written on the inside was, "Hopefully, our fate will be written in the stars..."

Snowboard instructor be damned! Why hadn't I seen what was standing right in front of me!"

***

WINNER 2: RebeccaTheMagical

It was a perfect winter vacation at the snow lodge. They had decorated the place in beautiful lights by the time I arrived. Prefect for my holiday season! I had to deal with a lot this year, including my boyfriend breaking up with me after our new years kiss and my best friend leaving me. But it's the holiday season so things are looking up! I was only here to relax. I could finally chill out and stop worrying!

I can't deny it though, the boy at the hotel check in is quite adorable... Maybe I could get a chance to talk to him more. After all, the holidays do bring a spark of magic...

***

WINNER 3: Midnight_writes_

Love comes in all shapes and forms. It can be directed at early morning coffee or the rhythm of your heartbeat synced with another person's. It's sweet and soft and gentle. It's loud and unpredictable and beautiful.

It's us right now, sat here, listening to the stories that are set free as we believe. It's my mum's wide eyes as she listens to my teenage confessions. It's my dad's hidden smiles that are never missed by my mother. It's my little brother's questions that are too unforeseeable to answer. It's these little moments guarded by four walls and layered in the snow that are the definition of love. It's this house that is decorated with the smiles and tears and joys of my family.

The first giggles we breathed and the countless laughs we've shared are embedded deep within the structure of this house. The ground is laced with the anger from our first fights and the apologies that rambled out from our hearts. Our conversations are written in white on the walls. This house is ours. The walls belong to somebody, but the essence and the homely feel is our hard work. Our love is entwined in the patterns throughout this house. It is love that we will leave behind for someone else to experience and cherish. A love like my families does not exist anywhere else in the world. So here we leave it, in hopes of sharing it and building it.