Prompt 18 || Picture Prompt

Hello everyone and welcome to our newest prompt!

  This week, we will be featuring a picture prompt. Remember, it is entirely up to you on how to interpret the prompt - meaning that you can interpret it as literally or as figuratively as you would like. 

PICTURE PROMPT 

WINNERS:

Winners are not listed in any specific order. You can read the rest of the entries in the comments below!

***

WINNER 1: marenarg

Date cancelled? Stood up? Full-on ghosted? These girls are the ones to contact. Their office is unassuming: composed of just a circle of sofas and a TV eternally playing reruns of The Bachelorette, this is where the quickest, most accurate and most thorough private investigation takes place, all across a few iPhones.

Maria's Valentine skipped out on a dinner she'd reserved two months in advance, and she wanted answers. Her date wasn't forthcoming, and her friends directed her to the agency, guaranteeing results.

Maria stumbled upon a few teenagers snapping gum and scrolling through social media.

"Name of the perp?" one girl asked without looking up.

"Uh... Brendan Waters. He stood me up on Valentine's Day. I just want to know why--"

"Full name? Oh, this'll be easy. I'll check Snap and cross-reference with Insta. Dorcas, you check LinkedIn and Facebook. Agatha, you've got Twitter."

"On it, Prudence," the other two girls chirped in unison. Thumbs tapping frantically, the three teens worked their magic, and within fifteen minutes, tracked down more information than Maria could ever have wanted to know.

"Yikes... Dude is married," said Dorcas, pulling up an engagement photo.

"With kids!" Agatha added, referencing a tweet about the struggles of not getting enough sleep as a young parent.

"And according to Snapchat, he spent V-Day with his wife. It's actually pretty cute," Prudence concluded, showing a short video of a romantic, candlelit dinner spread.

"OKAY, I get it," Maria said curtly. She dug out cash from her purse and placed it in Prudence's outstretched hand. "Well... Thanks?"

"Welcome," they chanted together, immediately turning back to their phones. Maria left the building, giving her head a little shake on the way out.

***

WINNER 2: emilywrites1301

"Quinn! You've got a delivery."

The small feet of the sixteen year old girl made their way up the stairs. Arriving at the front door, her face filled with shock and excitement, as the large bouquet of red roses sat outside the door. The small tag, hanging off the left corner, was barely legible except for four words. From your secret admirer.

"Secret Admirer?"

The moon was a bright contrast compared to the navy sky above her. Quinn's small figure could barely be seen except when she reached the downtown suburbs of the city. There, glowing in front of her, was a large neon sign. Valentine Detective Agency. Who was Quinn's secret admirer? The curiosity was building up inside of her as she entered the small doorway.

"Hello?"

All that stood in front of Quinn was a small desk, covered with coffee stains.

"Hi. Secret Admirer?"

Quinn nodded at the guess made by the man in front of her.

"Come this way."

***

WINNER 3: RebeccaTheMagical

"There are a lot more crimes on Valentine's Day," he informs me.

"Really?" I question.

"Yes. The jealousy is the highest during Valentine's Day. Anything can happen. There is no telling what we might have to deal with!"

"So you have an entire agency surrounded around Valentine's Day?! But it's only one day a year!"

He laughs. "Oh, it's a lot more than one day a year."