ushijima x reader

Start from the beginning

    "I..." Those are weird questions. "Yes.. yes.. panicky." She leans over the table and brings her face right in front of mine, a bright smile spread across her face. "Gross, I can smell strawberries from your breath."

    "You're in love."

    Class resumed and I paid attention to be certain that I won't fail my classes. Mom will kill me if I don't pay attention. She wants me to have great grades, I have to be at the top.

    Mom has always preferred perfect grades, but I'm human. I have my own limitations, and imperfections, ones my mother has always wished I never had.

    My mother being very reasonable—as it is her belief—I believed that she had her reasons for making me aim higher. If it is for her personal goals, or for me.

    I do know that I am expected to stay focus, but, at the moment I couldn't.

    From what my friend has said, I was unable to focus at what the lectures were about. I was thinking if she was bluffing, or if I really am. It made me think if there was a reason, but nothing ever comes to mind.

    The bell rings, and it's the end of class. I suppose I was okay, but, my brains is pretty drained. I can't keep thinking of things when I can't find a reason.

    "Girlieee, it's time to go home." I look at my friend and frown, immediately making the lady panic. "Why do you look so dead?"

    "It's your fault." I fix my things and she hums, watching me as I did. "What are you looking at me for?"

    "Come with me to the gym. I want to watch Satori." She grabs my wrist the second I finish packing, dragging me as she ran to the gym.

    Satori, Tendou Satori, her boyfriend of three years. I'm certain that he is a part of the volleyball club, a teammate of Ushijima Wakatoshi.

    "Hello!" She greets, catching everyone's attention. I try to hide, but she's too bright that I get the spotlight with me as well.

    "Baby!" Here comes the redhead.

    "(Y/n)." I avert my attention to the voice, Ushijima.. "I forgot to give you your notebook back." I nod—should I even nod? "If you're okay with it, will you wait for me after practice? I'll hand it back to you." I nod again and he walks off.

    While my friend flirts with her boyfriend, I watched the boys train and got acquainted with them. Watching their game, practice, I can say why they call them the undefeated champions.

    Ushijima.. I have had my eyes on him as he played, but I always try to look away. He keeps catching  my eyes that I feel incredibly embarrassed of myself.

    I find myself looking at him out of curiosity, and he would always catch my eyes. I should control myself, he probably thinks that I'm strange, it's normal of him to think like that after seeing me look at him.

    The training finished sooner than I thought, or more like, I was spacing out that I hadn't realized that training finished already. My friend and Tendou were just flirting, ha..

    "Babe, aren't you heading home?" 

    "Ushijima told me to wait for him." She immediately smirked, wiggling her brows as if she was teasing me. "T-The notebook.."