Chapter Sixty Eight-Connected

This is it. This is the day when I'm going to talk to him and finally figure out what's going to happen to us. A part of me is petrified about how this is going to go. What if he thinks it'd be better if we broke up? We've been taking a break for a while now, and I'm sick of it. Although I think it helped us both and we needed a break, I'm tired of it. I miss Harry. I just hope he feels the same way. I've never really done anything this crazy before. By crazy I mean fly to a different country to talk to a person who might not even feel the same thing as me. It's scary and absolutely insane. I make my way out of the airport and wait outside in the parking lot where Mitch said he'd meet me.

I see their white rental car pull up, and I grab my bag and hop in the passenger seat. He greets me with a warm, welcoming smile. "Ahhhh, so you're the girl who Harry has been going crazy over?"

I smile at him. I can't help but ask, "Going crazy over? What do you mean? We're taking a break so he could focus on his music and work. I chuckle a little, "If anything, he's not supposed to be going crazy over me."

He shakes his head with a smile. He seems friendly yet quiet. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way considering I have to mentally prepare myself for my conversation with Harry. A question seems to arise in my head. "Did you tell him I'm coming?" I ask him, a few palm trees and sidewalks blurring behind us as we drive.

He sighs, "I did. That's ok right?"

I quickly nod my head, "Ya, I just wanted to make sure he knew I was coming, so I don't just surprise him out of nowhere."

He nods his head understandingly and continues driving down the two-lane road. We finally arrive at a small house, and I feel the nerves in my stomach start spiraling.

He gives me a small smile, "Harry should be at the beach behind the house. He was there before we left, and he loves it out there."

I nod my head, "Thanks, Mitch."

We both get out of the car, and I stand, glued beside the car doors. He enters the house, and I look up at the very blue sky. What am I doing? I doubt Harry even wants to see me right now considering our last encounter. I take my bottom lip in between my teeth and see the beautiful ocean behind the house. The white sand makes the beautiful, blue water stick out. I smell the salty ocean air, and it seems to make the nerves in my stomach slower. I fiddle with my hands and start pacing in the driveway. I probably look like an idiot to anybody who sees me, but I don't care. I have bigger things to worry about rather than how I look to complete strangers.

"God, just man up Avery," I mutter quietly to myself. I'm nervous about what he's going to say, but I myself need answers as well. Why did we all of a sudden start spiraling downhill? What happened between us? It's not even my fault, so I really shouldn't be nervous. I take a deep breath for very slowly walking behind the small and quiet house.

The sight in front of me is beautiful. I am welcomed by a breathtaking porch with two identical lounge chairs with an umbrella in between them. Breathtaking trees seem to hang over part of the deck, leaving a few wisps of shade in some areas. I then turn my gaze to the beautiful ocean and the very green strip of trees before the sand. Something catches my eye in the sand.