Chapter 32 - Blended Family

Our wedding guests began arriving a few days before the ceremony, except Jisung and Janie who arrived a couple of weeks early. Jisung came to the gallery and was thrilled with the way things looked. He was beaming with pride at the new space. I had been receiving deliveries of the art for the grand opening gala, and some were already mounted on the walls. Of course, Minhyuk's and Kihyun's had gone up first. That was mainly because I received theirs first, but let's be honest... they would have been first anyway. Other pieces were spaced around the walls and still more were yet to be hung. I had tried to keep group members together to make it easier for the patrons to find. I was blown away by the talent of these idols. They were so much more talented than people give them credit for. They were also extremely generous. Almost all of them donated at least 2 pieces, some more. They were only asked to donate one.

There was a large donation required for entry into the event. This was to limit the patrons to serious ones only and to protect the artists in attendance from random fans and sasaengs. This was a charity event, not a fanmeet. Anyone could bid, but not just anyone could attend. We were also accepting online donations and bids.

Nikki and the kids arrived next. They came a week early so we could spend time together. Nikki took a week's vacation from work, and the kids were on Spring Break that week, thankfully. We had talked about her bringing Simon, but Minhyuk and I would be gone on our honeymoon and it would not be good for him to be pawned off on a pet sitter as soon as he arrived. We decided to wait until I went back in the fall for the gallery's annual Fall exhibition.

I took a taxi and met them at the airport. Minhyuk had to work, but he would be coming later for dinner. Tori was beside herself with excitement. She was going to meet Monsta X and she was bouncing all over the car. I could relate. I had not told her yet that Kai, JB, Jackson, and others would be at the wedding. I was saving that for later, after she had gotten over the shock of Monsta X. I honestly did not think she could handle it.

We got them checked into their hotel and then went to the apartment. I gave them the grand tour and then we settled in to visit. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Nikki knew we were in the same building as the dorm, but Tori and Bobby did not. I opened the door and 6 tall, handsome men strolled into my home like it was theirs. It basically was an extension of the dorm. Changkyun stepped inside and his face lit up when he saw Nikki.

"Noona! You are back! Did you miss me that much?" He hugged her very tightly. Nikki blushed and Tori and Bobby looked at her in shock.

"Hi Changkyun. You know why I am here, silly," she pretended to scold him. He laughed and she looked like a shy schoolgirl.

"Of course, I do. I was just hoping..." he trailed off as he realized there were 4 other eyes soaking this all in.

"Mom? You really know Changkyun?" Bobby asked. His mom just became 100 times cooler.

"Yes, Bobby. And Joohoney too. I know all of Monsta X, remember? I feel confident that we have covered this already," she reminded him. Now she was 1,000 times cooler. You could see the reality registering on his face.

"I thought you meant you met them like at a fanmeeting. Not actually know them! I know... Aunt Sunny and Minhyuk... and Atlanta... oh I don't know! I got confused!" He shook his head. Tori was frozen in place, her mouth hanging open.

"You must be Bobby," Changkyun held out his hand to introduce himself. Bobby was giddy, but managed to return the introduction. Changkyun turned to Tori and her eyes grew huge. Changkyun took her hand and held it in both of his. "And this has to be the lovely Tori that I have heard so much about." Tori blushed and giggled. At least she wasn't staring and drooling anymore.