Chapter 40 - One Night In Seoul (Mature)

Those two weeks flew by and the concert was suddenly here. I was so excited to see them live again. Monsta X was performing one night in Seoul for their 11th debut anniversary. Last year's show had been smaller and more intimate. This was a full-on concert and fanmeet. I had a front-row seat reserved for me. The company had invited Melody and she would be next to me. She and I should make the tabloids for sure. I missed having Nikki as my concert buddy, but I would manage.

I broke out my Minbebe #1 shirt, my favorite jeans, and comfortable sneakers. The girls in the front seats usually dressed up, hoping to get the attention of their bias. I already had his attention and that wasn't my style anyway. This was going to be a long night and comfort was important. The guys had gone early for an interview and then had to get ready for the fanmeet. A company car was going to come for me, and they also were sending one to get Melody later. I was sure she would be wearing something very stylish and trendy, and I caught myself second-guessing my choice of wardrobe for the night. I shook my head to snap myself back to reality. I was me. I wasn't going to let her in my head. She was such a dynamic and charismatic woman that she affected people without them even knowing.

I heard the guys talking about her when we were having dinner last week. She had even gotten to them a little. It wasn't that they were "interested" in her, it was just that she is very charismatic, and she gets under your skin. This is probably how she had gotten mixed up with her costars. As long as she keeps her mitts off my boys, we will be fine.

I arrived at the venue for the fanmeet and was escorted to the green room. I heard Minhyuk from the end of the hall and I smiled. My husband could be the sweetest, most sensitive man, but he was also incredibly 'extra'. He was full of life and energy and pure sunshine. That is what drew me to him in the beginning. I peeked around and spotted him in the hairdresser's chair. He was on his phone, probably playing a game, and having a very loud discussion with Joohoney and Kihyun about something. He looked up into the mirror and spotted me leaning against the doorjamb. I was simply standing there, admiring him. Damn that man is beautiful, I thought to myself.

His face lit up and his smile spread instantly across his face. He called to me and motioned me over as he stood and walked to me. The stylist was not working on him right then, so he could move freely. He swept me up into his arms and spun me around. I giggled as his breath tickled my ear. The guys all said hello, but only Kyun came over for a hug. The others were all busy with their stylists.

"I am so glad you are here, jagi."

"Me too. I am so excited for this! I keep thinking about last year when I was at that table in front of you. My life turned upside down that day, and I wouldn't change a thing."

"I feel the same. I would change one thing though. I would not have let you go the first time I met you," he smiled and kissed me quickly. He suddenly froze and a concerned look formed on his face.

"What is it? What is wrong?" I furrowed my brow and touched his cheek.

"Well, you know how the interactions with fans are. The flirting... I don't know..." his concern made me melt.

"Jagi, it is ok. It is your job, so I am only going to be a little jealous," I held my fingers up to illustrate. "But if anything makes you uncomfortable, then don't do it. Please don't let my being here stop you from doing what you love to do. Besides, the fans all know you are married, and I think they will be respectful of that." I walked my fingers up his chest and followed with my eyes. And if they don't, I will drag them off by their hair," I looked him in the eyes... straight faced and serious. He smiled. "Now go make those Monbebes weak in the knees!" He winked at me and gave me another quick kiss as his stylist returned and called him back to the chair. She smiled and bowed to me. I returned the gesture and then turned to find a seat on the couch. I sat with my head propped on my hand, just watching him, like a dreamy-eyed teenager.