Chapter 53 - In Sickness And In Health (Mature)

We were finally back in Korea. The flight seemed to take longer this time. Or maybe I was just exhausted. Either way, all I wanted to do was sleep. I nodded off several times, but only for short periods at a time. I think that is why the flight seemed so long. Every time I would wake up, I checked the time, and it wasn't moving very fast.

We landed and there was a sea of Monbebes at the airport. This was the first time I had traveled with all of Monsta X, and it was a bit terrifying. They were surrounded by security, but the fans still tried to crowd in. Some broke through and shoved cameras and phones in the guys' faces.

Security was pushing them back as well as they could, but I was still scared. They kept me in the middle, for which I was very grateful. I could hear my name being tossed around by the mob. I wasn't paying close attention to what they were saying because I was just trying to focus on getting out of the airport.

Finally, we made it to the relative safety of the van and climbed inside. I went as far back and away as I could get. The guys waved to Monbebes as they secured the doors and rolled up the windows. They pulled the curtains, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Joohoney looked at me and said, "are you okay, noona? Sometimes we forget how scary it can be. We asked for this, you didn't."

"Yes, Honey. I am good. Just a little rattled." He smiled and patted my hand. Minhyuk put his arm around me after he made sure our seatbelts were secure. He settled back into the seat and yelled, "let's go home!" The others chimed in and started laughing. I felt much more at ease.

We ordered food to be delivered when we got close to home. We were all hungry and no one wanted to cook. Besides, there wasn't anything fresh, just ramen. It had been great to visit the place I had called home for so many years, but I realized that this was now home. More accurately, this man was home.

We ate in the dorm. They talked about how they would be finding a new place, or places, to live. It was looking like some would find their own places and others might remain roomies. That was going to be one of the things they would work out over the next few days while resting.

I was exhausted. I curled up against Minhyuk while they talked. I fell asleep. The next thing I knew, it was morning, and I was alone in our bed. I heard the clinking of cups, and the aroma of freshly brewing coffee filled the air. I felt like I had not slept, but obviously I had. Our flight had gotten in late in the afternoon Korea time and now it was morning. I wasn't sure what time, but definitely morning.

Min must have heard me rustling in the bed because he came and snuggled up beside me. He stroked my hair and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning, princess. Did you sleep well?" He smiled sweetly.

"Mmm, I am not sure. I still feel tired. The jetlag really got me this time." My mouth was dry, and it was hard to speak clearly.

"Coffee is almost ready. You stay right here. I will be right back."

I nodded and burrowed back under the covers. He reappeared a couple of moments later with a cup prepared exactly the way I like it. Not too strong, and lots of cream. I reluctantly sat up and he propped me up with pillows. We drank our coffee and he told me that we could spend all day right here, if that is what I wanted. I smiled and nodded again. I had no energy and I really just wanted to go back to sleep. I don't think that is what he had in mind.

Eventually I did get up. I washed up and we ate breakfast. I still felt really groggy and out of it. We snuggled on the couch and started to catch up on our favorite drama, but I fell asleep again, within minutes. When I woke up, my head was in his lap, and he was absently stroking my arm with one hand and had his phone in the other.