Chapter 18 - Exposed

Minhyuk pulled me closer and took my hands in his. I wasn't sure where this was going, but I was excited and nervous at the same time. "Sunny-ah, I want to announce our relationship when I get back to Korea. There has been a dating rumor and I have ignored it and so has the company. It got buried under another idol's DUI arrest, so we were not too concerned. And these rumors pop up all the time. But..." he paused, and I squeezed his hands.

"Go on..." I was almost holding my breath.

"Well, remember when Joohoney called yesterday?" I nodded, "he said that photos had surfaced. Photos of us at the Han River." I gasped and sat up straight. "It is okay. Your face was not clear in any of them, but mine was. I have to stop it from blowing up, before things get twisted and distorted. I think the best thing is to announce our relationship and take responsibility. I have already discussed it with the members, and they agree this is the best way to handle it. I won't reveal your identity, but I guarantee they will figure it out. Fans have mad investigational skills. I promise you that I will do everything in my power to protect you." He stopped talking and just held my hands for a moment to give me time to process what he had said. "I will only do this if you are ready. I need you to be okay with it first."

Halmeoni's words echoed in my ears, ...don't you dare give up now. Fate brought you here. Just be brave and be strong. I took a deep breath and looked in those beautiful brown eyes and said, "yes, Minhyukkie. I am ready." His smile could have lit up the world. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little box and opened it. Inside were a set of matching bands.

"Couple rings!" I exclaimed and he smiled. He slid one onto my finger and I put the other on his. They fit perfectly. I held my hand out to see it and he put his beside mine and took a photo, then took my hand in his. His hand was so big, so strong. It was a hand I wanted to hold for the rest of my life, but I was happy just holding it right now.

"This is the perfect way to celebrate our 100 days, don't you think?" he said when my feet were back on the ground. I had not even realized it, but it was our 100 days anniversary in a few days.

I was on a natural high for the rest of the day. I showed him a couple more of my favorite places and then we headed back to the apartment. Even though he was in America, there were still Monbebes around and other K-pop fans in general. We tried to be careful to not make the rumors worse.

We went back to my apartment and made love again, it was beautiful, passionate, and tender. It was the most pure and sensual experience of my life. I felt as if we were one body, one heart, one soul. I belonged with this man. My heart belonged to this man. There was nothing that mattered more than being with him.

It was even harder to let him go this time than it had been the last time. I felt like part of me left with him. I knew he would text me as soon as his plane landed and I would feel better knowing he was safely on the ground. That would not ease the ache of missing him though. I hugged the pillow he had slept on to my chest and breathed in the faint scent of him. I closed my eyes but sleep did not come.

I spent a few restless hours in bed and finally gave up. I got up and started painting. It was the scene I had seen so many times in my dreams. Seeing it on canvas made it seem more real. I sat there and just looked at it. There was much more detail than I realized once I saw it out of my head. The message notification sound startled me, and I came back to reality. Minhyuk was letting me know they had landed safely, and he would call me after he went by the agency. My nerves were still on edge as I made a cup of coffee and fed Simon. I figured I might as well get on with my day, since I was obviously not going to sleep.

A couple of hours later he called and said he had just told them about us and his decision to make the announcement. They were putting together an official statement to be released on his behalf. He warned me to be careful and watch out for sasaengs. I asked him to do the same. This was frightening for us both and we had really no idea what to expect. He was the first member of the group to date publicly, although he mentioned that several had done so secretly over the years. Other idols had received hate from their fandoms, while some got support. It really depends on the fanbase and I had faith in my fellow Monbebes... mostly.