Chapter Seventeen

The room was warm, I could feel the sweat beaded on my forehead. I was cocooned in my thick comforter. I tried to move, but felt stuck. Was I dreaming? Then again, did I really want to get out of bed? Something over my stomach moved, snapping back to reality. Trevor came over, he was drunk, and I let him stay the night...in my bed. My hand slowly lowered to my stomach and felt his rough hand gently draped over me. Carefully, I moved his hand off of me and slowly sat up. A few moments later, Trevor was sitting up behind me, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Morning," Trevor yawned.

"Morning," I mumbled.

"What, uh...what happened last night?"

"You don't remember?"

"If I remembered, I wouldn't be asking, now would I?" I couldn't help but to smile. That was the Trevor I remembered.

"You were hiding in my closet when Matt and I came to the room. You saw us—"

"You fucked him?" Trevor asked in a low growl.

"What? No, you saw us kiss. Anyways, you got upset and decided to sulk out in the rain. You were completely drunk."

"Yeah, that sounds like me."

"I wasn't gonna let you drive home, so I gave you a change of clothes and made you stay here," I continued. Trevor looked down at his clothes as he struggled to remember last night. "You were crying."

"Okay, now I know you're lying," Trevor chuckled and scooted closer to me. "Still, it's not every day that I get to wake up next to someone as gorgeous as you," Trevor gently kissed the back of my shoulder, causing me to pull away from him. "Psh, touchy. After last night, you're not gonna let me kiss you?"

"Nothing happened, Trevor. In fact, you were asleep before me."

"Maybe, or maybe you were the drunk one and something did happen."

"I wasn't drunk because I didn't drink. Dad's trying to quit."

"Him? Trying to quit?" Trevor instantly laughed.

"He is, after what happened to—" I paused.

"After what happened to Hannah, you mean?"

"Y-You know about Hannah?"

"Of course," Trevor smiled. "It's my fucking business, so I know everything about it. Besides, where do you think they got the plane?"

"You helped them get rid of Hannah?"

"I had a plane and a body to get rid of. They scratched my back, so I scratched theirs."

"You had a...wait, what?"

"I found a plane that I liked, but the fucker decided he was gonna charge me for a test drive. Plus, he was a relative of those inbred O'Neil brothers, whom I have a long standing grudge against even before I killed half their family and blew up their house—"

"You what?"

"—so I took matters into my own hands and...kind of beat the common sense back into him."

"Trevor—"

"You're one to talk, you shot her brains out."

"Because she found out I was alive. You can't trust people who don't matter to you with shit like that."

"Wrong, Chels, you can't trust anyone with shit like that. Not family, not your boyfriend,—"

"Not you?"

"You're so cute when you're funny," Trevor smiled and booped me on the nose before finally climbing out of bed. He looked around the room for a moment before turning back to me. "Where are my clothes?"