Chapter Three

"So, what exactly do you do?" I asked as I tried on a better fitting shirt. Paige decided just to take clothes shopping rather than having Lester's people make my clothes. Whichever was fine by me, but I think she could tell I just needed to get out of there.

"What do you mean?" Paige asked as she sifted through the pile of clothes in front of her.

"I mean, you work for Lester, but what exactly do you do?"

"Oh. Well, a little bit of everything, really."

"Like what?"

"Whatever he needs for a job, I get it. Information, equipment, I'm his reluctant go-to girl."

"Reluctant?"

"You're not reluctant with him?"

"I didn't say that," I laughed. "He creeped me out at first, still does, actually...but he's growing on me."

"He's good at that. Lester is a good guy, despite the hell I give him." I opened the dressing room curtain and let Paige look me over. "And you're sure plastic surgery is off the table?"

"Not only is it off the table, I will really be dead if I get anything done."

"Not even your nose?"

"Nope."

"A lip injection?"

"Not even a nipple."

"Fine, it's just be easier to hide you, is all." Paige looked me over once more. "It looks good on you. After we finish shopping, all we gotta do is go to the hair salon and you'll be ready to go."

"And a haircut will be my disguise?"

"Not entirely on its own. Im picking you up a bunch of colored contacts."

"But will it be enough to hide me?"

"Hopefully."

"What if it doesn't?"

"Well, that's up to you and your dad. Why, you got any ideas?"

"I've got one, but Dad will kill me."

"More than he would if you got plastic surgery?"

"Maybe."

"You're really wanting time push his buttons? He's your dad, you should have more respect for him." I fell silent. "Count me in!"

"Really?"

"Chels, do I really look like the type of person who gives an actual fuck about whether or not I piss people off?"

"No?"

"Good, because I don't."

"Alright, well...lets go fuck shit up."

"Awesome." Paige gathered up my clothes and began to make her way towards the register, but stopped and turned back to me. "I'm not just his go-to girl, I'm a hacker."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My job is very important and I get paid a lot. Might be something you want to look into if you're wanting to work from home."

~~

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Dad roared as Paige and I entered Lester's office. "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK, CHELS?"

"Dad—"

"DON'T YOU 'DAD' ME, CHELS! WHAT THE FUCK?"

"You said I needed a disguise, so this is it," I answered.