Chapter Thirteen

I could hear the blood pumping through my veins as if they were as loud as rushing waters, my entire body grew numb. I couldn't believe he was here...I couldn't believe he was here. "You're a lot heavier than I remember," Trevor quietly spoke before slowly taking a step towards me. "Chels, lower the gun. You know I'm not gonna hurt you." He was right. Trevor was a fucking psychopath, but he'd never hurt me...not intentionally, or physically, at least. Slowly, I lowered my gun. "That's it." I gently placed the gun on the table. "There you go." Trevor took another few steps towards me. "Chels, I've missed you so—" Trevor stumbled a few steps back as my hand slammed against his cheek.

"How dare you," I hissed. "How fucking dare you!" I was shouting at him as quietly as I could, so I wouldn't cause a mass panic in the De Santa house. "How dare you come here, Trevor! How dare you have the nerve to fucking speak to me after what you did!"

"What I did?" Trevor asked, as if he was truly confused.

"You know damn well what you fucking did, Trevor Philips! You fucking broke my heart! I was practically begging you to let me stay with you, and you turned me away!"

"I didn't really want you to go."

"Bullshit, Trevor! You said it was for the best! How the fuck does that sound like you wanted me to stay?"

"I wanted you to stay, Chels, I did. I just—I saw you lying there and felt responsible for you getting hurt like that. And then Michael—"

"What about him?"

"He told me to stay away from him and his family...especially you. He made me believe that it was my fault, but I know now that nothing I could've done would've stopped you, so I stopped blaming myself and decided to get you back."

"Get me back?" I laughed. "Are you fucking insane? I'm happy here! I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"See,  you say you're happy, but I know you're miserable."

"Bullshit."

"I've been watching you for a while, Chels. I know you're unhappy."

"You've been watching me?"

"Well, not me, per se, more had Wade and Ron keep an eye on you."

"What the fuck, Trevor?" I snarled.

"You don't belong here, Chels, you belong with me in Sandy Shores."

"With you?" I scoffed. "You honestly thought you could waltz into my life again and expect us to pick up where we left off? After all the time that's been between us? After you kicked me to the curb like a goddamn Christmas puppy that got too big?"

"Chels—"

"I've got a boyfriend now, Trevor. A boyfriend who cares about me and actually wants to be with me. He manned up when you couldn't!"

"Oh, please, that boy you've been scampering about with?" Trevor scoffed. "He can't even take a hit to the nuts like a man."

"He took it as well as any man—" I paused for a moment. "How did you—oh, my God."

"Chels—"

"You were the ugly woman!"

"Hey, I looked sexy in that dress."

"You looked like your mother if she was hit by a damn train!" Trevor gently placed his hand on his chest.

"That one hurt, Chels."

"I don't fucking care how bad it fucking hurt, you hurt me way more than I just did. I wanted you to tell me you wanted me to stay, I wanted you to tell Dad to kiss your ass and have you drive me home, your home! But you didn't!"