Chapter Thirty Three

"This is gonna be fun," Trevor smiled. "Our first heist together. I mean, it's not what normal couples do, but, in a weird way, it's like a date."

"Yeah," I murmured.

"Either way, I'm glad you're here, Chels."

"Me too." Trevor fell silent as he looked me over before quickly rushing over to the fridge and grabbing a beer.

"We should celebrate tonight!" Trevor happily exclaimed. "I mean, I never got the chance to celebrate your birthday, we're working this gig together, and, if you haven't noticed, we've been together a little over a month now." Trevor held the beer out to me, but I didn't take it.

"I'm not in the mood, Trevor." Trevor put the beer back into the fridge and shut it before sitting down beside me.

"Did I do something wrong?" Trevor asked, his voice wobbly with concern.

"What?"

"Is it the house? I-I cleaned the best that I could, Peaches, but some stains are hard to get out."

"Trevor, your house isn't the problem and neither are you," I sighed. "I'm sorry that I'm acting this way, I'm just a little anxious about the job." Trevor fell silent for a moment but when the couch began to shake, I looked over to see him silently laughing. "What are you laughing at?"

"I'm sorry," Trevor cackled. "I shouldn't be laughing. It's just..." Trevor tried to calm himself down but failed as his laughter grew even louder. "You—you had me worked up over some first-day jitters!" Trevor continued to laugh, but my eyebrows instantly furrowed into a contemptuous scowl. "I'm s—I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you, I swear!"

"Really? Do I look like I'm fucking laughing?" Trevor wiped the tears from his eyes and looked over at me, his laugh quickly fizzling out.

"Peaches, baby, you can't get yourself all worked up over something as stupid as this."

"It's stupid for you because you've done this how many times? I've never robbed a fucking bank, Trevor, nor did I ever want to!"

"Then don't.

"It's not that simple, Trevor. We're going with my plan to rob a bank to get the money we need so I can get justice for Davis. All this shit revolves around me and I can't fucking sit back and watch."

"Sure you can, just let me take care of it all, okay?"

"Even if I could, I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I'm a fucking Townely-De Santa-whatever. Because of who my dad is, Lester has high expectations of me. If I fuck up..."

"Your fucking up would have the same outcome if it was one of us, Chels. What, are you worried that if you fuck up Lester will do something?" I gently shrugged. "Lester won't do shit to you because he's a fucking pussy."

"I just want all this to be over." Trevor put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's going to be okay, Chels. You're smart, Lester's smart, and we're working with a group of people who were hired because of their experience and skill set. We will make it through this. Just a few more days, okay?" I sighed once more and gently nodded. "Alright, let's go." I looked up at Trevor as he made his way towards the bedroom, but when he saw I wasn't following, he turned to face me. "Not that. I mean...unless you want to." I didn't respond. "Ouch. Either way, get your shit."

"What for?"

"You told Mikey you were going camping, didn't you? Well, get your shit and let's go."