Chapter Ten

TREVOR

"WADE!" I snarled.

"I-I'm sorry, Trevor," Wade apologized. "I tried to make it a bad date."

"YOU PUSHED THEM CLOSER TOGETHER!"

"But I was sure it would've worked, especially after she's busted her nose."

"YOU BUSTED HER NOSE?"

"I filled the basketballs up with air and one came back and hit her in the face."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" I gripped my crowbar tight in my hands and lunged towards Wade, but when Wade jumped out of the way, I took my anger out on the washing machine in my yard, slamming the crowbar into it over an over again until I couldn't feel my hands. "GO!" I roared. "GET OUT OF MY FUCKING SIGHT!"

"But, Trevor—"

"AAAAAAAAAARGH!" I raised my crowbar once more, causing Wade to run down the street, back to his house.

"Trevor, he really did try," Ron insisted. "I followed him to make sure he didn't mess up."

"I told you to find out shit about him, not be Wade's fucking babysitter!"

"I did find things out about him."

"Well, I'm waiting!"

"He lives in his own house, his mom was deported ten years ago, he's in a band with Michael's son, Jimmy—"

"Jim's in a band?"

"Yeah. And, according to the talk around town, they're not half bad."

"What else do you got?"

"He—He's a good guy, Trevor, I don't know what else you want me to say."

"I WANT YOU TO GET ME THE DIRT ON THIS CUNT!" I snarled. "NO ONE IS A GOOD GUY, RON!"

"I'm a good guy."

"You do meth and work for me, you're not good."

"Wade's good."

"Again, he does meth and works for me."

"What about you?"

"OF COURSE I'M A GOOD GUY! YOU TRYING TO TELL ME I'M A BAD GUY?"

"N-No! No, you—you're a wonderful guy! It's just you said that—"

"I KNOW WHAT I SAID, RON!" The property fell silent. "The point being, Chelsea needs a good guy in her life. Seeing that I'm the only good guy she knows, it's only fitting that it be me. I don't trust this Matt guy."

"But—"

"There's something about him that I don't trust and I can't let Chelsea be exposed to that kind of danger!"

"She's not in danger, Trevor! She actually like the guy."

"LIKES HIM? That just proves my point! He's obviously drugged or manipulated her into believing he's a good guy!"

"But he didn't! They've already made plans for another date."

"THEY WHAT?"

"I, uh...I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that!"

"THEY'VE GOT ANOTHER DATE?"

"Y-Yes."

"WHEN?"