The barista. [7 part 2]

"W..Where am I..?" Luz asked, sitting up as well.

Amity got up, walking to her restroom and slamming the door shut behind herself. Luz rubbed her eyes, looking around the room, then she went stiff. 'My sketchbook-'

She quickly got up, looking in her bag. She pulled out her sketchbook, sighing in relief, before catching herself. She looked through the pages, seeing if they were touched or anything. They were. She always turns the page by the top right corner, never the bottom.

Luz exhaled shakily, knowing very well Amity looked at her sketchbook. She quickly pulled out a lined paper, writing on it and leaving it on the bed. Luz grabbed her phone and bag, leaving the room and house entirely. She jumped the fence, rather easy to be honest, and made her way back home.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Thank you! Have a great day!" A women waved, taking her coffee and leaving.

Luz waved back cheerfully, looking back at her co-worker. "You look exhausted, you alright?"

"I'm not sure." Luz mumbled. "I feel normal, just less..Awake? I feel as though I've slept for 14 hours, but those didn't feel like enough.."

Her co-worker stiffled a laugh, ruffling her hair and going back to the cashier. "You're so odd Luz."

"Thanks Bo. You're odd too." Luz smiled, giving her a gentle nudge.

The bell dinged, both perking up and looking over. "Oh..Our favorite customers here..Go get her coffee started yeah?" Bo said, nudging her.

Luz saluted, going to the back to get the coffee started. "Hey kids, getting started on my coffee?"

"Sure are Roselle, three twenty five ($3.25) like usual."

She nodded, handing her three dollars ($3) and a quarter (25¢). Luz brewed her coffee, adding a small design with milk on top and putting the lid back on. She put it on the counter, Bo sliding it over more. "Have a pawsome day Ms.Roselle!" Luz exclaimed.

She waved, taking her coffee and leaving. "Odd. She wasn't screaming at us today." Bo mumbled.

Luz shrugged, wiping her hands once more. "Hey! Can we get seconds please? And a cute design on top to come with it!" Someone called out, raising their cup.

"I'll be with you in a minute!" Luz called back. "We can talk about this on our break later, okay?"

Bo nodded, Luz patting her shoulder and going to serve the customers once more. Bo liked to think it was Luz's work that was keeping everyone happy and sweet. Ever since she started, people have been coming by and asking for her cute designs. Sometimes even her number.

"Work ethics only, so very sorry." Luz bowed.

They awhed, drinking their hot cocoa sadly. "Can we take you out sometime sugar cube?" One asked.

Luz looked over at them, smiling sweetly. "Work ethics only! Don't make me carve it in to your brains~ Treat a lady with more respect and I'll consider it." Luz said, walking back behind the counter.

Bo nudged her, stifling a laugh as the bell dinged. "Not another one~ Give em a chance Luz."

"If they buy everything on our menu ten (10) times I'll consider it.."

"I can do that." A male said, sending a playful smirk her way.

He slapped three (3) crisp hundred dollar ($100) bills. Luz looked at them, then up at him. "You're seven hundred eighty-three dollars and fifty-six cents ($783.56) short."

Bo snickered, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. He took out his wallet, counting his money and slapping that down on the counter. "Keep the change."

Luz looked up at him with a dead stare, the male not backing down. "We only take bills under twenty (20)~ So sorry~" Luz cooed, sliding the money back to him.

He scowled, face palming. "Can you change it for me.."

"No bills under twenty (20) big boy, take your money and get out~ I won't ask you again~"

He took all of his money, and stomped out. Luz handed the crisp one hundred dollar ($100) bill to Bo, the barista snickering. "What a nice guy, tipping us so much money."

Another hand slammed down on the counter, both of them flinching and looking over. "Will you consider giving me a kiss?" A female asked, sliding over the money.

All in twenties (20's), two (2) quarters (¢50), a nickel (¢5), and a single penny (¢1). "I- Emira Blight right..?"

"That's me~" She cooed, leaning in.

"We'll prepare everything right away, hope you have a truck to carry everything." Luz said, taking the money and handing it to Bo.

Emira blew a kiss to her, Luz not liking that very much. Oh great this is going to take awhile..

To be continued.