Soft moments

Air temple island

"I don't know what to do with it."

"With what?"

"With all the love I have for her, I don't know where to put it now."
__

Lin's apartment
Nudging awake a sleeping Kya beside her, "We should get dressed and go gather your belongings from the hotel." Lin said, kissing her neck one last time before sitting up on the couch.

"Ugh...five more minutes," Snugging further into the couch, having by some miracle not fallen off yet.

Looking over and smiling at Kya's sleeping form, Lin draped the blanket on her as she stood up. Walking through the narrow hallway to her room, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear as she opens her bedroom door. Going to her dresser and, opening one of the draws pulling out a loose pair of black pants and a simple short sleeve emerald green shirt. Quickly finding a pair of underwear and a bra, she got dressed, not bothering to pin her hair, only brushing it out.
She could hear shuffling in the living room, indicating that Kya had finally decided to get up. Grabbing a pair of black simple short heeled boots and a pair of socks, Lin finished getting dressed.

Walking towards the living room, "Kya, please tell me that you've gotten dressed."

"Well, of course, dear," Kya replied in an amused tone.

Rounding the end of the hallway, Lin walked into the living room.
Looking pointedly at Kya, "What did you call me?"

"Oh, nothing sweetheart" Pushing the clothing in a shocked Lin's arms Kya walked past her into the kitchen.

Looking down at the clothing, she noticed it was what she had worn the previous night. Taking a deep breath and walking back towards the hallway, she opened the bathroom door throwing the dirty clothes into a laundry basket.
Walking back; to the kitchen, "You're lucky I love you," Lin mumbled loud enough for her partner to hear."
_

Keeping her eyes on the road and driving, they still had quite a way to go before they could reach Kya's hotel.

Kya shifted a bit in the passenger seat, "After leaving, I went to the south pole for about five months. Then I skipped out on staying with Tenzin, and shortly after, I found you again." Kya said, her arms crossed as her gaze stayed fixed on the window beside her.

"I know Tenzin has always been overbearing and annoying, but be honest, what's the real reason you skipped out on staying with him?" Looking over at Kya in a glance before looking back at the road.

Moving her gaze down to her hands as she brushed her blue dress skirt, "He was upset with me after what happened with us, and I didn't want to cause any problems, so I choose a hotel instead."

Feeling Kya's uneasiness, Lin moved one hand off the steering wheel and held Kya's firmly, "Hey, what happened between us happened with only us; he has no right to judge you over a relationship he wasn't in."

Noticing Kya becoming less tense, the car was soon filled with a comfortable silence as they continued driving to their destination.
_
After 30 minutes of driving, Lin pulled into the hotel parking lot, walking in with Kya beside her. While Kya went to the receptionist's desk, Lin looked around; the hotel was standard. Yet, well furnished with a seating area and a couple of fake plants around.
Before long, Kya came back, taking Lin's hand, "I'm all set; I just need to get all my things." Kya said, leading them to an elevator.

After the short ride up, Kya grabbed her keys as she opened the door. Stepping in, she quickly moved to get her suitcase. Looking around the room, it was, for the most part, organized. Only a couple of clothes laid around; Lin helped Kya pack up her belonging into the suitcase.
Before they left, the phone beside Kya's bed began to ring; moving over, Kya answered it.

"Hello mhm, okay, I'll let her know," Hanging up the phone, kya looked at Lin.

"Bumi just invited us to go eat dinner with them at the island."

Seeing a hint of worry cross Kya's face, "If you don't want to go, we don't have to." Lin said, placing a hand on Kya's shoulder.

"No, it's okay, we should go."
_______________
[I hope you enjoyed it. What do you think will happen next?]