Family disagreements

Stepping off the ferry and onto the island, Kya had her arm looped around Lin as they walked to the temple.

"I'm going to go find Bumi," removing her arm from Lin's, Kya gave Lin a quick kiss on the cheek as she turned to go find her brother.

Walking through the temple and entering the meditation pavilion. There was Bumi turned around and staring off into space, unaware of her entrance.

Walking up to her brother and punching him in the arm, "Ow, what gives Kya," rubbing his soar arm Bumi turned his head to look at his sister.

"Why weren't you at the docks to greet us?" asked Kya, standing next to her brother.

"I forgot."Bumi lied, "Anyways, I hear you and Lin spent the morning together; what's that about?"

Waving her hand around, "Oh, it's nothing, we're just dating once again." Kya said as a smile formed on her lips.

Lightly punching his sister, "Finally, you two get back together; it took long enough." Laughing, Bumi looked back out the balcony

A comfortable silence began to surround the sibling until Kya broke it, "So what was it that you wanted to tell me?"

Letting out a harsh breath, "It about Tenzin." Before going any further, Bumi turned and placed both his hands on Kya's shoulders, "Promise me you won't kill him."

"Oh, come on, it can't be that serious." Upon looking at her brother's face, she saw no traces of joking. "Okay fine, I won't kill Tenzin; now will you tell me what's going on?"

Looking kya right in the face, "Tenzin still has some unresolved feeling for Lin."

Felling everything around her stop as her hands turned to fists at her side.
looking at his sister, he could see resentment and betrayal present in her eyes.

"No, he doesn't get to do this, I know that we ended things for a couple of months, but that doesn't give him the right to try to get her back. We're not kids anymore; he had his chance back then and ruined it, now we're happy together." Taking in a deep breath, Kya rubbed the mist out of her eyes, swallowing the tears as anger began to rise. "I'll kill him." She said in a serious tone as she turned and began walking out of the meditation pavilion.

"Wait, Kya, no, your not." Bumi yelled out as he reached kya and pulled her arm until she stopped, "You promised me you wouldn't."

"Yeah, well, that was before you told me." her voice cold and concentrated.

"That why I made you promise me before stupid, don't make any rash decisions." letting go of her arm and catching his breath.

"Oh, so now you just want me to let him get between; me and Lin."Kya threw back at him

"Of course not, but he has a wife and four kids; he can't die just yet," Bumi said, trying to reason with her.

Putting; his hand on her shoulder. "Come on; dinner is almost ready; maybe that will help take your mind off things."
__
Settling down, Kya took the seat next to Lin; her mind was still on the conversation she and Bumi just had.

A couple of light conversation's started to float around the table as everyone ate the dinner prepared by Pema.

Setting down his utensil Tenzin looked across the table to his sister, "So Kya, I see you and Lin are back together."

"Looking up at her brother in a glare, "Yes, as you can see, we are; is there a problem with that?"

"I just simply think it's interesting after the stunt you pulled a couple of months ago."

Lin saw the anger rising in Kya's eyes, placing a hand on her girlfriend's shoulder as a comforting gesture only to have it shrugged off by Kya.

"You're so right, Tenzin, but I came back and didn't get engaged like you." Kya shot back at her brother.

"Kya!" pushing her chair back and leaving her half-empty plate on the table, Lin grabbed Kya's bicep leading her out of the room.

looking down at his plate, "Bumi, did you?"

Standing up, "She had a right to know Tenzin." Bumi replied, leaving the room leaving behind a stunned Pema and anxious Tenzin.
____
Pulling Kya into her room and shutting the door, "Okay, spit it out what's going on." Lin asked as she leaned against the door.

"Nothing." Kya scoffed, crossing her arms; her back turned to Lin.

"So that display in the dining room wasn't anything." Her tone grew more serious, "Because that seemed far out of hand with you and Tenzin."

"No," Turning around and facing Lin, "What Tenzin told Bumi was out of hand." Kya finished.

Looking at Kya in disbelief, she couldn't believe this, shaking her head, "Aren't we far too old for this gossip between the three of you."

Throwing her hands in the air, "What he told me wasn't gossip, Lin."

"Then, what was it?" Lin asked once again, growing frustrated with Kya's lack of detail.

"Tenzin's in love you with."

That statement made Lin's heart drop; this was the last thing she was expecting.
___
[I hope you enjoyed]