Remnants of Kya's past

Tightening her grip on the phone, "You have the wrong number," Kya said, slamming the phone down.

Taking in a deep breath, she went back to cleaning up around her and Lin's apartment, trying to block out all the thoughts. Despite her best attempt, they still came back to haunt her.

__________

Placing the pen down and closing the file, she let out a breath of relief now that she finished with the case report. Reaching over to the phone, she wanted to call Kya and tell her she would be back soon. Already her mind was coming up with different ways to make it up to her for leaving early from their shopping trip.

As quickly as the thoughts had come, they left once her door swung open and a woman came in.

"I'm sorry I tried stopping her from coming in," said Mako, an apologetic look dawning on his face.

Metalbending the cable to wrap around the woman and trapping her arms, "I can handle it, get back to your desk." responded Lin in an irritated voice.

"Yes, chief," said Mako, quickly turning around and exiting the room.

Turning her attention back to the women, "What gave you the bright idea of breaking into the chief of police office?" asked Lin.

Lifting her head, "I just wanted to see who Kya was with now." the woman replied with a serious expression.

Felling her heart stop, "How do you know Kya?" the irritation had left her, now only pure confession was left.

"Can you please let me go," she asked, trying to move her arms from her sides.

Releasing the cable around her, Lin backed up a bit to give her some space.

Standing up, she dusted herself off a bit from being on the floor and began her explanation.

"I meet Kya a while ago, and it was nice for a while until she got bored." catching her breath, "She left a note about all the regret of leaving you, and then she was just gone." Looking straight at Lin, "That's how I knew who I was looking for when I came to republic city." She stated, her gaze still on Lin.

Keeping her gaze from across the room, "So what's your plan now that you're here?"

Allowing her gaze to soften a bit," I'm not here to fight over someone who isn't worth it; I just wanted to warn you."

Felling her stomach turn over the harsh comment about Kya, Lin nodded, "Warn me about?"

"About Kya, she won't change once she gets bored; she will run off and find someone new who gives her attention and love until she gets bored of them and runs off again." she finished.

"You bearly know Kya and-" before Lin could finish, she cut her off.

"So Kya told you about me then?" she questioned, giving Lin a pointed look.

Lin remained silent; she could feel the cracks of a betrayal starting to form in her mind.

"I thought so." she said, breaking Lin out of her thoughts as she went towards the door, "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself the name's Jia. It was nice meeting you," she said as she walked out of the door.

______________

After cleaning the house from top to bottom, she decided it would be best to tell Lin about everything that happened while she was gone.

Slumping down on the couch, she started up at the ceiling, wondering how everything would go down once she told Lin. Hearing the door open, she stood up from the couch.

Without saying anything Lin came in the door, no longer dressed in her usual armor.

Pulling Kya into her arms and holding her tightly, Lin rested her chin on her lover's shoulder. Before Kya could get too conformable in her embrace, Lin whispered into her ear, "Pack your things and get out."

Feeling Lin pull away from her, Kya looked up at her, "What?"

"Do you need help?" Lin questioned in a cold voice as she made her way to the bedroom.

"Lin! what are you doing?" Kya could feel her heart begin to race.

"You came back into my life and said you were sorry and all this other bullshit." Lin began as she pulled the suitcase from under the bed. "You didn't even tell me that you were with someone the entire time you were gone." Grabbing Kya's clothes from the dresser; she began shoving them into the suitcase, "This whole time I thought you left to clear your head, and oh you were clearing it between someone else's legs apparently," Lin finished throwing her hands up in the air as she turned to face Kya.

Standing in the door frame, "I can explain." Kya finally said before she could continue, Lin cut her off.

"Explain what?" Lin looked at her with confusion written on her face, "What is there left to explain?" Felling her heart drop, she continued, "You left me and got with someone else. you didn't even bother to end things with me; I just came back home, and you were gone off with Jia!" Lin yelled, finally bringing up the cause of all this.

Felling all the confusion leave her, she put the pieces together. "It didn't mean anything."

"It sure did when you never told me something occurred during your time away," replied Lin

"I was going to." Kya began as tears started to fill her eyes.

"When? you've been here for how long?" Lin said as she closed the suitcase.

Wiping her eyes from tears, "I'm sorry I should've said something."

Grabbing the suitcase, "Get out of my apartment." Lin said, in a cold voice as she dropped the suitcase down near Kya.

___________

[Hope you enjoyed this chapter!]

(Sorry for the slow updates; I will be updating more consistantly from now on.)