Reassurance

Feeling the shock fade away just as fast as it had come, she moved away from the door. "Kya, don't be silly," Lin said in a dismissive tone.

"I'm not; when we got to the island Bumi, and I had a conversation over Tenzin's feeling for you," Kya replied, getting defensive quickly as her gaze fell on the floor.

Without warning, Lin closed the distance between them. Quickly wrapping her arms around Kya's waist and pulled her in so they were face to face. "I love you, and only you." Leaning in. Lin's lips meet Kya's.
Pulling away, she could feel Kya finally relaxing into her embrace, "Now, please don't kill Tenzin." Lin said in a playful tone.

"Not you too, first Bumi, now you, why does everyone think I'm going to kill Tenzin?" Kya asked as she let her head rest on Lin's shoulder, deciding not to break their embrace.

Turning her head and kissing Kya's forehead, "It might be because we know you very well." Hesitating for a second, she continued, "And because you've tried it before." Lin finished.

"Oh, come on," Kya said, pulling away, "It was one time, and I had a good reason he hurt my girl; I had to make him pay."

"Kya, we broke up all those years ago. I was fine; you didn't have to threaten him," Lin said, rolling her eyes at her girlfriend.

"Even though it was in the past, I still believe he deserved it," Kya responded as she crossed her arms.

"Whatever you say, dear." She threw back playfully as she opened the door, "Let's go home, Kya."
__
Despite it; already being dark out, they managed to leave the temple without alerting anyone.
Managing; to arrive back home, both exhausted after the long day of moving Kya from her hotel to Lin's apartment. Then going to the island and getting tangled up in all the drama.

Closing the door and locking the door, Lin yawned as she walked to her room, knowing Kya was already there. Entering, she saw Kya putting on a simple nightgown; she couldn't help but smile after everything that happened in the past year. They managed to find each other again, and she would be damned if she let someone as dull as Tenzin tear it all apart.

"Enjoying the view, I see," Kya said with an eyebrow quirked up.

Rolling her eyes, "How couldn't I; you were half-naked in the middle of our room." Lin replied, the smile still on her lips.

"Thank you, honey," Kya said in a joking manner as she got into bed.

Lin sighed, still getting used to the random nicknames Kya would sometimes call her. Taking off her top and pants, she changed into a white tank top and some comfortable sweatpants.

Laying on the right side of the bed. Kya's thoughts drifted to what happened on the island, "So what happens now with Tenzin?"

"I have no idea for the time being," Lin said, turning off the lights and getting into bed beside Kya. "I'm sure by now he figured out that we know what he told Bumi," Laying on her side, she drooped her arm over Kya's waist, pulling her closer. "but, I'm not by any chance choosing him over you." Lin finished.

Smiling, Kya moved until her back was against Lin's chest, "You better not." Kya replied with a soft laugh.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Lin said as she held Kya close.

A soft silence filled the room as they drifted off to sleep; both certain their relationship was in no danger of being torn apart.
__
[I hope you enjoyed]