nine

Elina's POV

It's three in the afternoon and I am fucking hungry. Yana has been in a shopping spree. John dragging two shopping carts already and I offered to push one. Poor guy. Yana is definitely oblivious.

"What do you think?" Surprising me, she asked for my opinion between two necklaces. She snorted, "just kidding." Yeah, it was too good to be true. Yana asking for my opinion. Ha!

Shit, I definitely forgot about the field trip. Hurriedly, I dialed Mrs. Foster and explained our situation and apologized. Yana heard me and she grabs the phone. She frowned at what she heard, probably getting mad at me.

"Shut the fuck up lady, don't get mad at Eli-Miss Davis" well I definitely didn't expect that. I guess a little, knowing her temper by now. Grabbing the phone from her, I gave her the -what the fuck look you could have gotten me fired- look.

I sincerely apologized to the principal about the whole situation. Basically I apologized for Yana's behavior entirely.

"You didn't have to apologize," she crossed her arms. I sigh and roll my eyes at her, walking pass her, "I had to apologize to my boss Yana. You're not the one getting in trouble. I am," I say, hearing her following behind me.

"What I say goes. I won't let her fire you," she assured

Yep, I am definitely getting fired sooner or later. They must have thought I was using Yana as my -keeping me from getting fired- card.

I shake my head, looking for the exit.

"Where are you going?" she asked, walking behind me.

"To eat!"

Yana ordered John to bring her stuff back to her place and she skips besides me. The sales lady and other people were looking at her. Well, probably me. I could feel their stare at me and murmuring about who the fuck I was.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Yana cursed at somebody. She must have seen I was uncomfortable with the stares. "Do you wanna lose your job?" She hissed and I took the chance to pull her away before she could make a bigger scene. Seriously, this girl has no restrain whatsoever. She was embarassing me instead.

I drag her outside and the cold night air hit my face. She squirms from my grip but she failed to do so. Clearly I had more strength than she does.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You didn't have to yell and embarass her like that. And threatening to fire her? Are you serious?" I say, frowning. I didn't give her the chance to speak and she frowned instead. Is that pouting? I shake my head at my thoughts.

"Hungry?" She just ignored what I said. I sigh, nothing gets through in that skull of hers.

--

Throughout the night Yana has been following me like a cute puppy. I entered a fastfood chain and she didn't go in just like I thought instead she looked at me from the window where I was sat, eating my dinner. What the fuck?

After that I went for a stroll and decide to go home since it was just near and she kept following me. She would make joke and start conversation but I totally tuned her out. She must have hated the silent treatment because she was yelling. Loud. People were staring at us.

"Shut up!" I say trying to cover her mouth. "I won't stop until you talk to me."

What is she a kid? Well basically yes, she's still a minor. People were giving us the look and I gave in, "fine, just shut up." I roll my eyes and pull her with me, away from the crowd.

We were about to walk through a dark alley for a shortcut to my house and she stopped. "What's wrong?" I question. She wraps her arm around herself and fakes a smile. "I j-just don't like dark, is all. Can we go somewhere else... please?" That's a first.

Closing our gap, I felt her sigh a relief and I took the chance to unwrap her hand from herself and I stroke the back of her hand with my thumb. "You okay?"

"mhmm," was all she said.

-

Instead of going to my place, I ended up sending her home. All the way she was quiet. Where did all her energy go? What happened to her? I've never seen like her this and it's worrying me.

"Please stay?" She grips my wrist and I felt her hand shake a little.

"Okay"

I lay beside her and we were facing each other. I didn't turn off her lights since she told me about her little confession about hating the dark. She started to close her eyes and I push a strand of hair behind her ear.

Looking at her sleep pained me. She was frowning and flinching from her sleep. I couldn't sleep knowing that the beautiful girl in front of me was in pain.

"N-no" she mumbled in her sleep. "Please stop."

I have never seen her this vulnerable. Flinching and gripping on her pillow, I stroke her back and comforting her. She flinched when I touched her, "stop!" and opened her eyes. Panting, she noticed that it was me and calmed down a bit.

"I'm sorry."

A/N
I wonder what happened.
I would really appreciate it if you would comment.. hehe it would motivate me to write.