twenty seven

Adrianna's POV

We were tired from our early flight. Our flight was six in the morning and we looked so dead as we hurried checking out from the hotel and going to the airport.

Lying in Elina's familiar bed, I doze off to sleep too tired.

Elina woke me up hours after and thank god I looked fresh after a shower. I had another appointment tonight and I was surprised to see a candle-lit dinner. I was used to the jet lag and didn't bother my day. Elina still looked still beautiful despite the jet lag.

She welcomed me and let me sit beside her as the candle burned romantically. There was a rose beside my plate and I giggled at her gesture.

"You know you're so cute right?" I brush my nose with hers and kiss her.

She looked so nervous so I eased her up. "Why are you so nervous? We're just having a romantic dinner," I say and sip the wine she prepared a while ago.

Elina fidgets in her seat unable to look at me so I help her out. "What is it? Is there something you want to tell me?" I held her hand and rub the back of her hand as I continue to eat the pasta. I was a multitasker.

"Uhm," she started.

"Uhm?" I teased her.

"I have something for you," she said, playing with the necklace I gave her. It was a good thing she was wearing it. She had to wear them.

My attention was given to her as she pulled out a small box.

"Is that for me?" I try getting the box but she pulled it away from me.

"Give it to me," I ordered and she frowned.

"Just wait damn it," she composed herself. "I'm trying to remember what to say."

She opened the box and revealed a ring inside it. My heart left my chest at the beautiful gold ring. "This is a promise ring," she started.

"I want to wear them now," I hurried and she shushed me. "Shut up and listen."

"I want you to remember my love for you with this," she took the ring and showed it to me.

"I want you to know that no matter what happens I promise I will be here for you. I promise to be happy and support you in all your decisions in life. I promise that I will love you forever and I mean it even though it will not be you and me in the end. To love you and cherish you even though you won't be mine. It may be the end of the story of us but my love for you will last no matter where you are or who you're with. No matter what hardship we face I want you to remember I will always choose you. I want you to accept this this ring as a symbol of my promise."

My heart just flew out from my chest as she vowed her promise to me. Of course hell I'll accept it.

"Just give it to me," I started tearing up as she slid the ring on my finger. It was so beautiful and perfect on my finger.

"I promise to wear this forever," I said and sealed it with a kiss.

-

i love you x

Elina messaged me one last time before I turned off my phone. The start of the New Year was the best. She actually told me she loved midsecond the beginning of the year. She really loved sappy gestures.

Mom prepared for me a dress to wear. It was burgundy dress and very elegant. It just looked great with the ring. Elina would go crazy if she saw me wearing this but this night was different. It was time to meet my fiancé and his fanily.

I have never met the guy personally and I'm sure I'll hate his guts. Man are sweaty and full of hairs.

My mom helped me prepare for our first meeting and she was the happy one. She shared the first time she met with my dad as well.

"You'll love him soon," she demanded more than convince.

"I already love someone," I replied and she smirked. I wanted to try to find the mother inside of her. I wanted to convince her that I didn't want to marry him.

"Don't make me marry someone I do not love," I look deep in her eyes but she didn't seem moved even a tiny bit.

"You can't have everything Adrianna," the name didn't bother me anymore. I left my past in the old year. Elina accepted me and continued loving me despite my past and I am not going to let it ruin my future.

"If you don't marry the Duncan you might regret your decision later," she replied hinting something behind her voice.

"Regret what?" I question.

"Nothing dear, if you want Elina to be happy you will marry Chris," she added. Feeling my blood boil I ask her, "what the hell did you do to Elina?"

She promised not to touch Elina and I wasn't eighteen yet. "You promised not to touch Elina," I hiss at her and she had a serious face. A face I am no familiar with.

"Yeah, that was before I saw how nuch you loved each other. I actually talked to Elina before. Way way before. Do you remember the time she ignored you when she realized you were finally engaged?" she revealed. What the fuck happened.

Curious to hear what she had to say I remain calm, "I visited her personally in her house but Adrianna you want to live in that kind of environment? We can give you so much more than she can."

I snickered, "I don't want your wealth. Tell me what you said to Elina."

She continued as she sip her glass of wine, "I had to know information about her and I acquired them. You know her abusive father right? He found Natasha and he had a huge amount of debts. He threatened Natasha and Elina to give him money but they couldn't acquire the amount of money they needed. I'd pay their debts and she'll leave you alone. Well that was choice number one."

I opened my mouth to speak but she stopped me. "The other choice was she could be with you but that would mean losing her job forever and going to jail. And guess what she chose? She chose to lose her job for you." She started laughing.

"But she's so stubborn so I will let you do the right thing. Marry Chris and I will pay off their debts and she'll remain her teaching position. If you want, I could give her a higher position," she finalized.

'No matter what hardship we face I want you to remember that I will always choose you'

Was her promise about her choosing me, despite the consequences? El, you can't ruin your life for me. I'm so happy for your promises but I can't do this to you. Teaching is your passion and you love what you do. You love teaching ever since you were a kid and I loved that about that. You knew what you wanted in life and now because of me you decided to let all of that go. El, I love you.

"I'll marry Chris."

***

omg what do you guys think??