Chapter 40: Feelings

"Jieun! Holy cow, are you okay?"

My head snapped up at Hana's voice as the door closed shut. I sighed, giving her a small smile.

She passed me a glass of water, ensuring I was fine before she sat me down on my bed.

"The whole lobby was murmuring about what happened. It must be traumatizing." She frowned, the bed dipping beside me where she sat down.

"It's fine. This is what doctors sign up for when they take up this job after all." I joked slightly, wanting to cheer up the atmosphere in the room.

"Has he talked to you yet?"

My body visibly tensed at the mention of Hanbin, a forced sigh escaped my mouth, followed by my shaking head.

"Why don't you tell him it's a misunderstanding? Between the both of us, I think it's as clear as day that you have a huge fat crush on him."

She held both my cheeks, forcing me to look her in the eyes.

A pout formed on my lips. "I'm scared. I've never even confessed before! It's always the guy who does it to me, what if he rejects me?"

"That's what you're worried about?! Jieun, listen to me, there is no way that guy would reject you, anyone can tell the both of you like each other, so thinking that is basically useless. Plus, even if he does reject you, that means he doesn't deserve you. You're way out of his league anyway! So, just shoot your shot, it's better than watching him get close to other girls and losing your chance at being in a relationship."

I giggled at her reply, nodding my head and laughing.

"Alright, alright. I promise I'll do it soon." I held her hands, bringing them down and massaging my cheeks.

Right then, I felt a buzz in my pocket, one from my phone.

Muttering a small "wait", I pulled the device out, turning it on with a tap.

Reading the notification on the screen, my smile fell into a small one.

"Jaehyun wants to meet up tomorrow night." I looked up to see Hana's reaction.

"Right. I forgot about that guy. You should meet him and clear up everything, it would be hard to reject such a handsome man." Hana clasped her hands together, talking as if he were prince charming.

***********

I gripped onto the edge of my leather jacket firmly, bowing slightly as the bouncer returned my ID card before entering the nightclub.

Immediately, I could smell the strong scent of cologne, perfume and liquor mixed together in the air, followed by the loud EDM music playing from the DJ stand that was about to burst an eardrum.

My heels clacked, walking down the short staircase that led me to the bar.

I immediately spotted Jaehyun sitting in a booth in the corner of the club, joined by a few of his friends who were sitting with some ladies, all laughing together.

I pulled down my dress, not wanting to attract any creeps, and walked towards their table.

One of them immediately noticed me walking over, a smirk formed on his face while he whistled.

I was instantly disgusted by their table, some spilled beer, mixed in with the shells of opened peanuts, but I paid no mind to that.

"Jieun! You're here!" Jaehyun beamed, moving in so I could sit down beside him.

"Hey Jaehyun. I didn't take you to be a...nightclub go-er type." I joked, taking a seat.

"Uh well, there's always new things to try. These are my friends, Minho and Ricky." He introduced the guys who were staring at me as if I were a piece of meat in a lion's den.