Prologue (pls read first)

*Flashback*
Jieun's P.O.V.
(Jieun is at the police station)
"Yah, you're bailed out. Behave yourself from here." The policeman told me while openeing the cell door. "Whatever." I said and flipped him off. As I walked out of the door, I saw my mother crying. "Eomma? Where's Appa?" I asked her. "Jieun ah, ppali, your Appa is in the hospital from a car accident!" She said worriedly.

We took a taxi to the hospital and I saw my father laying on the bed, barely breathing. "Unnie..he's not going to make it.." My sister Jina said. I ran towards my father and knelt down, holding his hand. "Appa..Mianhae, it's all my fault. Please don't leave us." I said as my tears finally fell. My father's eyes opened and he said "It's not your fault Jieun...it's my fault, I never paid attention to you and your sister. I forgive you. Mianhae Hyesung (mother's name) Mianhae Jina." "Appa-" I said before he cut me off. "Jieun..Promise me two things before I go." He said breathlessly. "Anything, please don't go Appa." I said while wiping my tears. "Promise me you'll take care of your Eomma and Jina, and also grow up to make me and your Eomma proud." He said. "I promise Appa." I replied immediately.

I saw him smiling before his hand fell from my grasp. "ANDWAE! APPA!" I shouted. I shook him, begging to wake up before the nurses pulled me back. "Lee Minjae, time of death, 10.30 pm on the 27 of July." The doctor announced. I dropped to my knees and buried my face in my hands while sobbing. My mother and sister came and hugged me, crying too.

I spent the next few weeks locked in my room, not eating or even stepping out to use the bathroom. I finally woke up from my trance and went out of my room. I broke off contact with my toxic friends and turned a new leaf. Though the fighting skills were very useful so I knew how to fight.

*End of Flashback*