Chapter 35: Reunion

Jieun P.O.V.

Keeping my head low, I sniffled as I made my way through the lobby filled with late-night patients. I leaned against the elevator wall, exhausted. 'Ding!' The doors opened, revealing a group of the intern doctors. "Oh. Sunbaenim annyeonghasaeyo." They said smiling happily. I bowed back, turning away as they filled the elevator. "Unnie, gwaenchanha?" One of my hoobaes tapped my shoulder. "Ah ne. I just had some allergic reactions just now." I sniffed once more. "See you around." I smiled and squeezed my way through everyone, getting out the elevator.

Sighing, I zoned out and played with the buckle of my handbag as I walked back slowly to my dorm. "You're back!" I closed the door right when Hana stepped out of the shower. "How's your alone time with Hanbin?" She raised her eyesbrows and smiled. "It went..well?" I cautiously replied. "That's good. By the way, I found this envelope when I was cleaning your desk just now." She passed me an envelope before going back to her bed. "Oh. I forget this was here." Placing my bag down on my bed, I slipped off my shoes and socks while opening the envelope.

"Aish

"Aish. I forgot this was tomorrow." I sighed. "Gangnam?! That's too far!" I complained. "Wae." Hana asked. "My high school reunion. It's tomorrow in Gangnam." I replied. "Jinjja? That's great! You have time to relax by yourself. You haven't gotten a chance to go for years because of your busy schedule." Hana became excited. "That's the point. I've always avoided going because I was always seen as a nerd back then. I stopped fighting after that accident and the bullies saw me as a vulnerable target. No one waned to be my friend except for one person." I fell back onto my bed. "But you can prove to them you're better now! Look at you, all pretty and sophisticated. They'll regret bullying you! And technically, you have a chance of beating them back." She smiled and pulled me up and jumped around me. "But-" "You're going and that's final." She shushed me. I gave up and grabbed my towel, going off to shower.
.
*The next day*
.
Looking at my closet for the nth time today, I bit my nails as I surveyed my clothes. "Should I wear this black dress? I don't wan't to show off though." I took out a pretty black dress and tossed it back. "A miniskirt? Too short. Jeans? Too casual. Short pants! It's cold out, am I crazy?" I had a mental conflict. Closing my eyes, I decided to go by luck and picked out a shirt and some pants. "This doesn't look too bad." I changed into my outfit.

Sitting down at my desk, I opened my drawer of makeup and started getting ready with light makeup

Sitting down at my desk, I opened my drawer of makeup and started getting ready with light makeup. While doing my eyeliner, my phone rang. Looking down at the contact, it was from my only friend in High School, Yeji. "Yeoboseyo?" I answered and put the call on speaker while I did the rest of my makeup. "Jieun ah! Long time no talk!" I could hear her happiness from across the phone. "Are you getting ready for the reunion now? Please tell me you're going, everyone wants to see what you look like after so many years. Plus you didn't really make a good impression when you left school that year.." She whispered the last part. I sighed. "Yeah. I'm coming this year." "That's great! Then I'll see you there soon- Oh right. I heard So Jaehyun is going to be there too! Well then, bye!" I placed my brush down right as as I heard that name. "What?! Yah! Yah!" I exclaimed but she hung up already. So Jaehyun. I haven't heard that name for the longest time. He was my High School and University crush, so I've liked him for a total of 7 years before giving up when he went to another hospital to work at. Checking my face and hair once more before getting a coat that matched with my pants from my closet and my bag. 

"Are you going already?" Hana came up to the dorm right when I exited. "Yup. Gangnam is far from Dongdaemun after all and it starts at 6. "Take care then. I heard it's going to rain later." She waved goodbye and went inside. Hanging my bag on my shoulder, I held my coat in my other arm and walked to the elevator. When I was about to turn the corner to the lobby, I stopped in my tracks and retreated when I saw Hanbin talking to another doctor about a case, about to come my way. Closing my eyes for a second, I took a deep breath and started walking. "I'll see you later." I heard Hanbin say before turning my way. Holding my head high, I walked past him trying not to look hurt.

As soon as I walked out of the hospital doors, I bent down a little, sighing for the nth time today. Glancing to the side, I realised my bus was about to leave. Thus, I bolted up. "Ahjusshi wait for me!" I ran after the bus.

.

.

.

Hanbin P.O.V.

"I'll see you later." I smiled and said to Dr. Jin after we discussed about one of his patient's conditions. Picking up my case file, I turned to walk back to my ward when a familiar scent passed by. I looked back while walking, to see Jieun walking out in an outfit I haven't seen before. "Where is she going all dressed up like that? She even curled her hair!" I thought. Right then, I bumped into someone. "Joesonghabnida!" I said to the man I bumped into.

.......................................................

Hello! Checking in again. Love you guys! <3 

STREAM DIVE BY IKON ON YOUTUBE AND SPOTIFY  PLS TY