Chapter 23

Jieun P.O.V.
"Ding!" My phone notification went. Picking up my phone, I checked the new text I got.

Trashbin: We have an Emergency Patient. Come down right now! We're at Ward 3-5 in Block A.

It read. Groaning, I got up and grabbed my coat, opening the door and running out. I put on my coat while running towards the ward. "What's going on?!" I asked, seeing security hold back a man who was struggling to get of their grips. I avoided him, going in to check on the patient. "Dr. Lee! His name is Kim Jugol, aged 17, he is Dr. Momo's patient but we couldn't get in touch with her." The nurse informed me. "Uisa. Please help my son, that a**hole came in secretly while I was getting water and when I came back, Jugol was already like this." The patient's mother held my arm while sobbing. Another nurse then guided Mrs. Kim to the side while I checked Jugol's eyes. "Blood pressure spiking, heart's racing." I told the nurse as she checked the monitor. "LET ME GO! MY SON NEEDS ME! THAT B*TCH CAN'T DO ANYTHING!" The father shouted, struggling to get off the Security's grip. "What happened to my son?" Mrs. Kim asked. Wearing my stethescope, I checked Haeon's heartbeat. "Heart rate and Blood pressure is coming down." I sighed in relief. "What happened to him?" I questioned. "He's terrified." Hanbin suddenly said as he crossed his arms. "The fear response is an involuntary reflex. Even though he's heavily medicated, he's aware he's in danger." He said looking at Haeon and his mother. "What did you do to my son?!" Mrs. Kim suddenly ran up and tried to attack the father, but fortunately Hanbin pulled her back. "I knew you were abusing him. I shouldn't have let him stay with you! This is all because of your drinking problem!" She screamed, struggling to get out of Hanbin's grip. "Get him out of here. PPALI!" I instructed. The security nodded his head and dragged him out as the nurses were trying to calm Mrs. Kim. "Mrs. Kim! You shouldn't be minding about Mr. Kim right now. Your Son needs you!" I said to her. She looked at me for a few seconds before sitting down beside the patient and holding his hand. "Nurse Choi, can you call the police? We need to find out what the father has been doing to Jugol that made him like this." I instructed Nurse Choi. "Ne Dr. Lee." She nodded and ran to the counter, picking up the phone.

I heaved a sigh, letting down my hair to hide my face. "I feel bad for this boy. Bruises, fractures...abuse." I whispered, squatting down and leaning against the glass window outside the ward with my eyes closed. It was raining hard at 2am in the morning, yet the moon still shone brightly in the night sky. "Are you okay?" A voice asked. Looking up, I saw Wonwoo with his hand in his pocket, looking down at me. "Huh? I'm fine,  just a little tired from the chaos." I said, standing up. I looked at him, his eyes were wandering around, hands fidgeting in his pocket. "Is there something you want to tell me?" I looked at him. "I wanted to ask you something, but seeing you like this, I'll just do it tomorrow." He said and turned around, walking away. Checking my phone, I saw a notification from Jina.

Jina: Unnie...I saw my boyfriend with another girl..

I read. "Mwo?!" I exclaimed and dialed her number. "Yeoboseyo?" I asked as the other line picked up. I could hear sobs mixed with laughter and loud music playing. "Lee Jina, eodiseo?!" I asked. "Unnie...I broke up with him. I'm at Heelin club." She slurred. "Stay there, I'm coming to get you." I said and hung up, running downstairs to the lobby. Not hesitating, I ran in the rain towards Heelin club. After reaching, I was drenched from head to toe but didn't care and entered the club. I saw Jina sitting with a bunch of boys laughing away. "Jina!" I shouted and walked towards her. "Oh. Unnie! Come join me!" She smiled and offered me a glass of beer. "Yah. Eomma is going to be worried!" I took the glass and placed it on the table, pulling her with me. "Yah. Who are you to take her? She's coming with me tonight." The guy sitting beside her held her. "Michin. Let go of her!" I pushed him away and took Jina with me. "Aish jinjja." I pushed her head harshly. "Ah wae? I still have many bottles to finish!" She complained. Pulling her into a cab with me, I told the driver my her address and drove home.

"Jieun ah!" Eomma called out. "Aish this kid." She took Jina from me. "You're drenched! Come inside and drink some hot tea." She offered me. "Aniya eomma, I still have to get back to the hospital." I said and waved goodbye to them, hopping back into the taxi and driving back to the hospital.

"Ah-choo!" I sneezed. I was back at the dorm after showering and Hana gave me a cup of tea. "Why did you run in the rain?" She asked me. "My sister broke up with his ex and was at the club. How could I leave her like that?" I said, taking out the thermometer in my mouth. "Yah. You're really hot! 39.2°?!" Hana touched my forehead. "I know. I can feel it." I gave her a look and drank the hot tea. It was almost morning and her shift had to start soon. "You better go for your shift, I don't think I woll be going to work today." I said and laid down on my bed. "You better not." She warned me. "Night." I said and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Sups yallsss soz for not updating in so looong. I was working on my new published story "Detectives of Seoul" go check it out on my profile now! I need more reads plss

YO GUYS WE HIT 2K READS AHHHHHH TY FOR UR SUPPORT SARANGHAEE