01 - Sudden News

*Alice's POV*

"Ahh"

I inhaled the feeling of home and exhaled my exhaustion. I hurriedly closed the door and place my luggage's in front of the door, kicked off my sneakers and slammed my bookbag on top of the suitcase.

First thing first, wash my hand because hello germs are real. I glided to the bathroom as I took the chance to roll up the sleeves of my lavender sweater and I started to hum a tune. Afterwards, I ran as fast as I could, turned a corner and with a giddy smile made its way on my face the moment I saw it.

My soft. Beautiful. Cozy. Comfy. BED.

"How I missed you"

I flopped down and instantly felt it's warmth. Don't get me wrong, the hotel mattresses were fine, no problem at all however it didn't give the same feeling of my own mattress.

I stared at the ceiling for a split second and then went in to close my eyes just in time for the softness to absorb me whole. No feeling could describe the feeling of one's bed after a long trip.

"This is the life" I mumble as I continue to listen in on the silence. No disruptions, No schedules, No nothing. Just me and my bed.

Buzz

Ignore it.

Buzz. Buzz.

I'm just hearing things.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

It's not there if I block out the sound.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

Oh come on.
I felt around for my phone and clicked the side button to place it on silence. Ahh. Now let me return to dreamland. Let me enjoy my peace and quiet.

Vrr

Block it out.

Vrrrr Vrrrr

They will stop eventually.

Vrrrrrr Vrrrrrrrr Vrrrrrrr Vrrrrrrr.

"Allô?" I sluggishly greets the caller.

"Allie" My manager hoarse voice was heard through the other end of the call "Remi is turning back around to come and pick you up"

"Why?"

"A meeting was called in"

A groan escaped as I rubbed my eyes. Why does it have to be know of all days? I'm tired and I just want to sleep. And worst of all, my entire team is already drained out.

"Alright. I'll be down"

"Ok. Bye"

"Adieux"

Let's get this over with. In and out and back in bed. I hopped off my mattress and made way to the door. I took a few seconds to put on my shoes, I grabbed my mask from the side counter nearby and went out, hearing a familiar click indicating the door was locked.