03 - Movie Night

"YOU BLOCKED HIM?"

I took a sip of water before humming in response. "Why are you yelling?"

"Wait...." So Hyun jumped up in disbelief "You BLOCKED HIM?"

"I didn't block him per say...." I corrected "I'm just not picking up"

"Please tell me you're joking"

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet my girl best-friend: Kim So-Hyun, since we were 2 years old.

I still remember our first meeting, though it is hard to describe in words. The only thing I can say is that it was only a glimpse of how chaotic things can get when we are left alone. But that might have been the reason why our friendship manifested from there on.

"I'm serious"

Currently we are in our animal nightwears, munching on snacks and binging our missed shows for hours. Having been given the signal for a early dismissal, I didn't wait a second before to ringing So-Hyun up and calling her over for a sleep over.

And she did. She arrived at the apartment before I did. In her pajamas, eating an apple with her feet up on the table. The first words she uttered when I walked in was 'I'm officially moving on'.

The reason why she used the word 'officially' is the same reason why she didn't bother bringing a luggage. It's because nearly all of her stuff is already at the flat. Toothbrush, clothes, pillow, shoes: basically everything she owns. You name it, it's in this apartment somewhere.

It wasn't the first time this happened so I was use to her surprise visits. I walked past her, tossed my bra onto my mattress and went into the shower to wash myself. After getting into my night gown, I nearly tripped over one of our slippers while walking down the stairs.

After what felt like hours of preparation and baby-proofing the flat, knowing very well that with both of us being as clumsy as ever in one apartment, someone is bound to get hurt. With that I took a seat near her on the couch, drying my hair and replied back to her opening statement: 'How should we split the rent?'

We laughed at the sentence for ten minutes straight. Why? Because the apartment was paid for by my parents long before I arrived in Seoul for the training period. My parents had a hard time agreeing with me hoping so far away that they had prepared a place for me to stay at in advance. Also why they assigned a few people on the trip with me but that's a story for another time.

"Silent Voice or Your name?" I asked as I browsed the Anime movie lists on the television.

And that brings up to present time, sitting in the same position for nearly two hours, chatting and joking about.

"Don't try to change the topic" She tossed popcorn into me and I ended up dumping half of the bucket on her head. "Why did you block him?"

"Because...." I answered. Normally, I would be telling So-Hyun what's been bothering me however, despite being my best friend, there are some things I keep to myself: especially things I need to figure out on my own. "I just need a bit of space to think things through"

Being the busy selves we are, we can go months without seeing each other face-to-face. However that doesn't stop us from calling each other whenever we have time. It could be 6pm or 1am, we would FaceTime whenever and wherever.