07 - Free Time in LA

"20 bucks" Remi and Hana placed their hands out in front of Ha-Joon as we all waited for the flight attendant to form the line.

"Y'all betted on me again?"

"It was last minute" Remi confessed. "We came up with the terms this morning"

I glared at them for a couple of seconds before bursting out laughing. It wasn't the first time nor will it be the last.

"I told you to pack last night Ji-Eun...." Ha-Joon sighed. "I really believed that you'll heed my words this time"

"It's not my fault. I fell asleep without placing an alarm...." I replied. "My phone didn't ring"

Ha-Joon intervend "How did you go home without your cell?"

"I don't know....Wait, where's my mobile?"

We all froze with our mouth agape. "Oh shit"

"You lost your phone?" Hana gasped "AGAIN?"

"I don't know"

"Nobody panic...." Remi reassured "We can just call it"

Everyone searched our belonging and automatically stop when the call went straight to voicemail. "Don't waste your energy, it's probably in the car"

"I cleared out the van this morning, nothing"

"So who was the last to have it?"

We all turned to the guilty-party, who instantly threw her hands up in defense. "It wasn't me"

Ha-Joon's phone dinged. "You were the last to have the phone"

"Says who"

"US"

"I pled the fifth...." Hana said "It really wasn't me"

"Whoever it was, we don't have time to look for it" Ha-Joon stood up. "Plane's about to depart. Let's get in line"

•••••••••••••••

"That was the most dreadful meeting" I groaned, messaging my temples. "My fesses are numb"

We all have been sitting down for nearly two hours as information about our week's stay continues to pour from the lady's mouth without a break. We were finally dismissed once her co-worker asked her to wrap it up and mentally, we all cheered.

"Alright....I'm out"

"Where you going?" Hana asked as she continues to spin in her chair. She has been doing the same motion nonstop ever since the group disbursed.

"Well...." I stood up, stretching. "Since we are finally free and have the rest of the day off, I'm going to get food and then go to bed"

The PA listened in while not moving an inch. "Cool, Have fun"

I stopped in my tracks when she released another sigh, I would be heartless to leave her in this state and normally, I would zoom out the door without a care in the world but today I felt the urge to be nice, just for a few minutes that is. With that in mind, I ran over to her and jumping on her laps on command.