Chapter eleven

~Y/N POV~

Like every night before leaving the centre I made sure that Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook were all settled for the night, saying goodnight to each of them and making sure they're okay. Then leaving them in their room so I could go home but instead of going straight home I had to go see Namjoon in his office. I almost forgot about that to be honest and it wasn't until I seen Jin bring through the last of the rubbish from todays activities that I suddenly remembered I had to meet Namjoon.

Although as I walk towards his office through the halls his question from earlier popped into my mind. Adopting them?

I don't know to be honest but when I think about them all going to other families, it just.....I don't even like to think about it. I don't even have a word to explain how I would feel about parting with them.

When I reached Namjoon's office I made sure to knock first and waited for an response.

"Come in." Namjoon

Hearing him call back I pushed open the door and stepped inside just to close the door behind me and take a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk all the while his eyes watching me expressing a soft smile in his face as he leans back in his chair and his hands crossed over one another on the desk.

"So have you thought about what I have said?" Namjoon

"About adopting them?"

He nods firmly and I hummed back, suddenly nervous for no reason about that fact we're even talking about this.

"I have thought about it and I'm still undecided."

My boss raised a brow, a slight clenched jaw as he sat up just to move his elbows onto the desk leaning a little more closer than before.

"How so?" Namjoon

"I don't get what you mean?"

"What makes you undecided about adopting them?" Namjoon

I moved my bag from my shoulder to place in my lap, giving a thought that we might be here a little longer than I had planned.

"I've not long met them and I don't know if I'm ready for that responsibility."

A laugh bellowed from him, startling me and making me confused.

"Responsibility? Sure you would have some but they're not children Y/, they're adults. Older than you shall I add. You would simply be just giving them somewhere to live other than a hybrid centre."

"But I don't have room for them."

"You have, what? Two bedrooms?" Namjoon

I nodded at him, fiddling with my strap on my bag.

"Yes."

"One bedroom is all they would need Y/n and it's not like your apartment is that small either." Namjoon

"But what about money wise for feeding them? I mean they're three male hybrids Namjoon. They eat a lot."

He nods at me but yet didn't seem to wipe that smile from his face.

"They do but aren't you forgetting that I am the boss of this centre and I could give you a raise and I could give the three of them jobs around here that interact with others like them. Just as long as they stay away from Yoongi though." Namjoon

"Agreed but Namjoon, why do you want me to adopt them so bad?"

The smile he once had slowly faded, ,the longer he stared at me just to sigh and take his glasses off his face just to drop them on the desk and wipe his eyes.

"A few reasons Y/n. You know as well as I do what happens to hyrbids that aren't adopted after as certain amount of time here." Namjoon

I nodded, not wanting to speak of it. Hybrids may have a few more rights than they use to but still inhuman acts are upon them or certain reasons.

"Then not to mention they are violent with pretty much every one if you're not there which will also not be good for them so that time will be shortened and they will be put down. Permanently." Namjoon

For some odd reason I flinched when he spoke of permanently. I didn't like that, I never liked them being put down like wild animals in a vet, they're people too. Just different. But when I think of those three, it just hurts all the more and it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

"On top of that they can not be separated. The three of them must go together and so it would be very hard, almost impossible to find someone that will be willing to take on three adult male hybrids into their homes unless it's for illegal purposes. If they were children then that would of been a plus but sadly they are not." Namjoon

I can see where he's going with all of this. Nodding along to everything he says, it's because I agree with him. The more he talks the more I understand why it would be best for them to come and live with me but would they even want that?

"I understand all of this Namjoon, I do. But what if they don't want to live with me and have found themselves more comfortable here than anywhere else?"

The man laughed at me again and this time it startled me since I didn't expect that reaction from him. What's so funny about asking that?

"Y/n come on now. You're not that stupid." Namjoon

Why did that feel offensive?

"Huh?"

"Just think about it for a moment. Back to when you first met them, they didn't allow anyone but you to touch them but Jin could only touch them when you were in the room. They don't accept any food or water from anyone but you, not to mention they follow you around all the time, they scent you constantly and Jungkook has even started fights with Yoongi over you who just so happens to be a hybrid you are close with." Namjoon

I sighed, burying myself in my thoughts trying to pin point what all this means while I try not to scold myself for apparently being so dumb over something I don't even know about yet.

One. They're attached to me.

Two. They're affectionate with me.

Three. Possessive, check.

Four. Also very trusting with me like I could point a gun to their heads and they would trust me enough to not actually fire the gun.

Taking a few more silent moments, adding this all up. Then I got it.

Upon realising I gasped, my eyes for sure were bulging out of my head as Namjoon laughs nodding at me now that figured it out.

"I'm their mate?! Like how all three?!"

He shrugged at me and just picked up his glasses and put them back on his face.

"I don't know but you are their mate and I think, no I know they would be happy for you to adopt them. It would show them in a way that you want them." Namjoon

I do want them but I was never sure they would want me to adopt them or the fact that I may not be able to afford to keep them but if Namjoon is willing to give me a raise and give them jobs to help out then I guess there's nothing stopping me is there?

"Fine, I'll do it. I'll adopt them."