🍵10. Cranberries

(Enby/Non-Binary Reader!)

"It's a good thing you're cute," Erina crosses her arms. "These cranberries are way too bitter." She sets the spoon down in disdain.

"It's a good thing you're adorable, 'cause they're not for you," I take the bowl from her. "They're for your favourite enby."

"And who might that be," she teases in a subtle tone.

"Your betrayal cuts like a thousand rancid sardines, my love," I dip the spoon into the cranberries and relish in the taste, the bitter and sweet and acid tickling my tongue.

"Don't even," she manages a laugh, covering her mouth at the thought.

"You know you love me, your highness."

"Do I?" Her hands grab onto the counter she sits atop, allowing her to lean in.

"Either that or you're a very good actress, being married to me for five years and all," I scoff, taking another bite of cranberries.

The cold air of our shared home's kitchen bites at my skin, but the warmth of the cranberries is a nice remedy for the moment.

"Hmm, I suppose that could be fair then," she pretends to hum in thought. "I suppose I do then."

"What a relief," I lean in to kiss her, but her finger stops my lips.

"Too bitter, my epox."

I roll my eyes with a puff. "I'll keep my kisses to myself then."

"Though,"

I knew she was teasing me.

"Perhaps it's sweetened on your lips," she caves in, her lips meeting mine. "It's not awful I guess. Now let's go cuddle on the couch, it's freezing in here."

"As you wish, my heart."