Mito Ikumi x Reader

(Gender neutral reader, BUT reader is masc. White Day is the male equivalent to Valentine's, but more obligatory.)

"Uh, yeah. Here," Mito Ikumi mumbles. "Hope you like these." The blush on her face is prominent, her shaking hands holding out a small bag. It's decorated in a soft pink, and complete with a pale yellow ribbon. I can see my name on the tag, elegantly scrawled and donned with a cutesy heart.

"This...," I can barely get a whisper out, "this is for me?" I take the bag, feeling my own face burn. "For Valentine's?"

Our classes for the day had just ended, as well as our session of bowl club. This confession, from my friend Meat-Meat?

"Yeah," she crosses her arms, more bashful than I've ever seen her. "Chocolate isn't my forte, so I hope they're alright."

"Thank you," I smile. I carefully unwrap the bag, showing carefully crafted chocolates inside. They varied in colour and even type of chocolate. They were meticulous and perfect. Exactly what one would expect from a student at Totsuki, especially someone so attuned to temperature. Even after all day, not one was smudged or melted. "They're so beautiful, Ikumi."

"You like them?" Her breath is bated.

"They're lovely," I take a bite of one, feeling it melt on my tongue, the bitter and sweet chocolate dancing together. "Mmm and delicious! Thank you, Ikumi-chan."

She nods, and I muster up the courage, kissing her on the cheek. She didn't even chastise me for the nickname this time.

"I hope you also like chocolates, as I'll be responding for White Day," I grin as her face darkens, a wobbly smile accompanying her flustered expression.

"Ah-- yeah, I do."

"Well then I hope you'll like what I make you."

"I- I look forward to it," she sighs to regain her composure.

My heart pounding in my chest, I immediately begin plotting for White Day. I can't wait to make her something she'll enjoy. But first, I have homemade chocolates to revel in, as well as her apparent crush on me.

And I can say I definitely return the sentiment.