confused

Zayn collected himself and made his way back into the building where the boys were packing up their things to head back home for a few days until the tour began.

Liam: "all good zayn?"

Zayn: "yeah Liam, thanks"

Zayn grabbed his things without paying much attention to anyone around them until he heard a familiar sound of heels clanking too loudly.

He made himself glance up from his bag on the floor to see Perrie walking toward him.

Zayn: "fuck no, I am not dealing with this shit right now"

Louis placed a comforting hand on Zayn's back when he noticed how unwelcoming his expression was.

Perrie: "I've been looking for you Zee!"

Zayn: "please Perrie...I can't take the obnoxious tone. Dial it down a few, it's been a long day."

Perrie scoffed and grabbed Zayn's hand before he pulled it away violently.

Zayn: "what're you doing? there's no cameras?"

Perrie: "I wanted to talk in private about our date this weekend"

Zayn: "first of all, there's nothing to discuss, and secondly, how did you even know we were here?"

Perrie: "I've got a team behind me Zayn, they connected with yours and were fine with the idea of us making plans before Friday"

Zayn: "well they never discussed it with me, and im done for the day, I'm going home"

Zayn looked over Perries shoulder to see Harry listening to her intently, but when he noticed Zayn glance at him apologetically, his gaze faltered back down to his phone.

Perrie: "fine, but pick me up at 6:30"

Zayn: "yeah yeah, 6:30 on Friday"

Perrie: "see you soon boyfriend"

He wanted to puke at her words as he swallowed it down and watched her walk away, hoping it would be the last time witnessing it, but knowing it wouldn't be.

He then noticed that only he and Harry remained in the room.

Zayn: "sorry about that haz"

Harry: "it's not your fault zayn, that's just how she is"

Zayn: "yeah but...I dunno I just don't want you to be upset"

Harry: "I have no right to be..."

Zayn had always felt the need to protect Harry, and make sure he felt loved and valid. More so than the other boys, giving their friendship more of a different view to him.

He just knew that there was something special between them that neither of them were willing to come to terms with just yet.

Harry walked over to Zayn with his bag slung over his shoulder and his fist held out.

Zayn grinned and connected their fists before watching Harry walk away the same way Perrie had a few moments ago, but enjoying this view a lot more.

Zayn: "text me!"

Harry: "go home and relax Z"

Zayn smiled at Harry's words and finally gathered his things to head home for a few days before getting on a plane.

When he got to his home away from home in LA. The only thing welcoming him in was the faint smell of eucalyptus and spearmint exploding from his diffuser.

He shut the door and locked it behind him, taking a deep breath and letting out all the built up frustration and confusion of the day earlier.

It was only 7:00, and he felt like crap. All he wanted to do was shower and go to bed, but his band mates had other plans.

Louis: "z? Zayn?! Oi oi"

Zayn: "what lou"

Louis: "all of us are going to the pub tonight, come join"

Zayn: "who's 'all of us'?"

Louis: "me, hazza, nialler, and payno"

Zayn: "yeah sure, uh...I'll meet you there?"

Louis: "nonsense, we're on our way to pick you up now"

Zayn: "it's bloody 7:00 Louis! I'm not gonna be pissed by 8."

Louis: "then don't drink as fast lad, be there in 10"

Zayn rolled his eyes when he heard Louis hang up, not able to get his final points across but complying to his efforts anyway.

He took a quick shower, keeping his hair from becoming wet. He climbed out and fixed up his hair in a quiff, and he found himself trying to make it perfect...like he had someone to impress. Did he?

When Zayn heard the frantic beat of the car horn outside he knew the 4 bozos had gotten there, and he took his time getting there as well.

He locked up, throwing on a pair of black skinny jeans and a long sleeved black t shirt with some pink designs.

He figured Harry would compliment that.

Wait.

Why did that matter?

He shook the thought out of his brain and grabbed his wallet, knowing he'd need something to keep his thoughts of the week ahead out of his head, the only thing coming to his head was alcohol.

He walked outside to see they left the shotgun seat open for him as he hopped in and buckled up.

Zayn: "so uh...who's driving home cause it sure ain't Louis."

Louis smiled as he sat in the drivers seat.

Liam: "I already arranged for a driver to grab us all when we call"

Zayn: "should've known...sometimes I wish I didn't have all the perks of being famous"

Liam: "why, who on earth wants to be DD?"

Zayn: "wouldn't hurt I guess"

Louis: "who shoved a stick up your ass zayn?"

He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

Zayn: "nobody...I just don't feel right about what Paul said earlier."

Niall: "none of us do mate, that's why we're going to get pissed"

Harry: "and I'm gonna make sure you do Zee"

Zayn felt his heart flutter at Harry's deep voice and he smiled earning a knowing look from Louis.

Zayn: "I don't think you'll have to try too hard haz"

Louis smiled, keeping his eyes on the road, but knowing that Zayn was falling for Harry, even if he didn't know it yet.

Zayn: "what're you smiling at?"

Louis: "you"

Zayn: "I didn't even say anything funny"

Louis: "that's not it Zayn..."

and on that thought, they'd pulled into a parking spot and let a crowd of body guards lead them into a loud club with light spiraling in all directions.